SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn (and sold): FS: Gibson 2013 Custom Shop LP R8 / PRS McCarty "Shoot Out" Ltd Edition

What's Hot
PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
edited February 2016 in Guitars £
Hi

* Updated @ 21st Nov: Both guitars withdrawn for sale elsewhere, though happy to answer questions *

Two guitars for sale:

2013 Gibson Custom Shop LP R8 / 58 reissue (price is 2200 GBP, please see my follow-up comment, below, for details).

PRS McCarty "Shoot Out" Ltd Edition guitar - price is 2000 GBP.

Details for the PRS .... (please see below for details regarding the LP)

Photos available from here (recently taken for me by a dealer, see below for link to poor quality photos of my own):

I am the first owner, and the guitar is in showroom condition. 

These listed just under 4k originally, and the spec / quality is Wood Library / Private Stock grade - it really isn't "just" a regular McCarty!

Number 4 from a run of 10 guitars commissioned by Headline, the specs are as follows:

Private Stock flame maple top

Figured mahogany neck and back

Gloss nitro finish

Dark East Indian rosewood fingerboard

Abalone birds

Nickel and brass hardware

Special-wind 57/08s (I think that they are slightly under-wound for a more vintage vibe)

Regular PRS 25" scale length

Brown leather PS private stock case (and all original case candy).

Questions welcome, and I am based in Cheshire. Relatively new here, but good deals this year with @dangee and @sherpaman

Reason for sale: Personal preference for shorter-scale guitars, and some unwanted household bills (unscheduled bathroom re-fit)!

No trades, please.

Thanks,

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
    edited October 2015
    I'll include one image, as I appear to have worked-out how to do it (thanks to a very useful sticky)! :)

• ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Very good....just a price missing.
    edited October 2015
    Parker said:
    Very good....just a price missing.
    It is in the description - but I've just made it somewhat clearer, thanks. Should it be given anywhere else?

Just to confirm - listed at 2000 GBP.
  • dangeedangee Frets: 92
    Buy with confidence!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dangee said:
    Buy with confidence!
    Thanks, mate - letting this guitar go became possible because of the Ted DC 245 that I purchased from you.
  • Sunday bump, and link to own photos (terrible photos overall, but primarily designed to add validity to earlier photos recently taken by pro shoot at a dealer).

Take a look at the figure in the mahogany used in the back and neck - private stock quality.

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Cracking guitar this folks, I've played it and it's mighty fine!

Plus Dave is a top bloke to deal with  :0)
    edited November 2015
    Now also selling my 2013 Gibson Custom Shop LP R8 / 58 reissue in Bourbon Burst @ 2200 GBP. . .

- Original dealer photos here: https://flic.kr/s/aHskp1gpso

Guitar has been played but is in very clean condition with no problems to report at all. Has just been to a tech for a pro-setup, and is good to go with a fresh set of 10s. All original case, case candy, COA and I will also include a very nice brown leather, padded-style Gibson strap (which, from memory, cost 70 GBP and is practically unused).

Neck has a little more meat than a couple of R9s that I've played by way of comparison, but is not a baseball bat (I have found that the carve of the shoulders makes it accessible to even small hands, such as mine).

I am the first owner, and purchased this from World Guitars in November 2013 picking it out of a batch of 8 other 58 reissues.

It is not a super-flamey top (of course, you wouldn't expect it to be). However, the photos can't show how the flame pops out with movement. There are also lots of grain lines and swirls in the top which, again, don't really show in photos.

Tone-wise, there's a slight emphasis in (to my ear) the lower mids, plenty of sustain and bloom, and a low-end push which you would expect from a quality single-cut / LP style guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Photos taken today (10th Nov) outside in a mix of cloud and sun:

By way of example:

• In response to a couple of queries, the LP has the VOS finish.

Apologies for omitting this information in the first place.
  • Weekend bump for two outstanding guitars, and slight adjustment to the price for the R8.
    edited November 2015

I am now prepared to ship these guitars - so long as the buyer is prepared to arrange and pay for a suitable courier, and to accept the risk of shipment (will package "best as", of course).

Can also meet part-way over a reasonable distance (or, possibly, for a fair fuel fee if over a longer distance).

In summary:

PRS McCarty "Shoot Out" Ltd Edition 4/10 @ 2000 GBP

Gibson Custom Shop 2013 LP Standard "R8 / 58 reissue" in a VOS finish @ 2200 GBP

Both in exceptionally clean condition, and both exceptional guitars.

Both guitars just recently treated to a pro setup.

Each in original condition (no mods), with original cases and all respective case candy / COA, etc.

Thanks for looking, questions welcome and references available.

Dave.