Amazon locker

What's Hot
Anyone used the Amazon locker service before? We have one right round the corner from us and I've just used it for the first time. My goodys have arrived today and I'm off to pick them up, I'm very excited:) I placed the order on Monday and for postal delivery today would have cost £8, the locker service cost me £1.99! Awesome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Never heard of it before but there's a pick at the bottom of my road. This might change my life (a bit). Have a wisdom.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There is one down the road from me in the local CO-OP I have never tried it but seems like a good idea.
    Old Is Gold
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    Not heard of this either.  Really good idea.  Cheers for the heads up.  Locker just down the road.
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 692
    I was the same, It's in a somersfield and when I'd go in I'd think ooh must try that then I'd forget, it's only cos it came up at the amazon checkout in huge bold graphics that I remembered. It's brill, got the email this morning with delivery confirmation and a code, you pop in the code the little door opens and off you go:) no more missed amazon parcels yippee! And a whole lot cheaper to boot.
  • Yeha next time I buy something big from amazon I will definitely use it
    Old Is Gold
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    What a sterling provision. Got 5 within a mile of me.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Very handy, since I'm usually at work when anything arrives (which has occasionally meant out of town trips to collect) and can't get personal packages delivered here. The only downside is there's a limit to the size of items they can do and some amazon marketplace sellers can't seem to use it. There's also the collection point service which is handy too.
    (Difficulty in getting stuff delivered is actually something that's made me stop buying much online, sometimes things end up with neighbours, sometimes at the local royal mail depot, which is pretty close, sometimes in Mitcham or another random location, and it's very hard to know which is going to happen, may as well just go to a shop).
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    I only ever buy things with free delivery

even if I dont want them
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloody hell I didn't know this existed! And the nearest one to me also happens to be the off-licence accross the road from my house. Good news.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    You can kill two birds with one stone there, Col.

• FazerFazer Frets: 472
    hmmmm, pretty interesting

anyone wondering, it seems like if you go into your amazon account address book, and 'add new address', it brings up the option to search for collection point by postcode etc

and a quick read says that it is covered by the usual free delivery options
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Not tried it but it looks interesting.

Looking forward to see how the accord with EBay and Argos works out in practice because it is similar to the Amazon locker thing but uses your local Argos.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24209788

• BodBod Frets: 1353
    I've used the one in our village several times.  They're not very big, so can't receive anything even slightly large.  You can also return items via the locker.  Very handy.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    There are a few non Amazon ones I've seen, where you have to pay to collect it, but any parcel can be delivered. I did see an Amazon one at Bath uni in the summer.
    My V key is broken