SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Crinson Blackguard Relic Tele

What's Hot
CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4309
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Best Tele I have owned. I am just totally absorbed with short scale hollows/semi's these days and need to offset some damage on a recent acoustic purchase... Everyone says it, but it genuinely is going to hurt when this goes... 

Went through a big Tele phase a few years back and had a couple of Nocasters, other CS models, about 5 Haars, and this is hands down the best I have had.

Neck is getting on for Nocaster proportions, but WAY more comfortable. Slightly less shoulder I think, and just sits beautifully in the palm. The relic job, is honestly in a completely different league to any CS offering I have seen. Genuinely feels like a very old guitar. It's very resonant, and sounds beautiful.

It's one of the most stable guitars have ever owned, never goes out of tune. And lovely intonation, just sounds spot on everywhere. Yo know how some guitars just sound more in tune than others, this definitely does to me. It's very easy playing, currently set up for 10's, but could easily go up to 11's on this and it would still play easily.

Sure you probably know, but Nigel Crinson is a very well respected maker of Violins, and they fetch pretty hefty prices. You can tell that this is a very special guitar made from the best materials, does not feel like some bits of wood bolted together. I think the original price of these was pretty high, not sure exactly what, but someone may chime in. There won't be any more of them made anyway.

(Trying to add a few pic's that show off the relic job, but quite difficult. It looks amazing, I can assure you)

Total bargain: £975 PPG/Bank Transfer, includes insured delivery. (No trades thanks)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MikeCMikeC Frets: 458
    Lovely looking. How much does she weigh, what makes are the key parts, eg pickups, tuners, bridge. Does it come with the case? Are u near London for a quick try out and possible cash payment?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4309
    From recollection, it's about 7.2lbs, can weigh it later this evening and update. Neck and body are fully hand made by Nigel Crinson. Pickups are Bulldogs I believe. Bridge is a Fender I think. Nothing has been changed on this guitar as far as I know. Not sure on the Tuners tbh. Based in Glasgow.
  • photekphotek Frets: 1471
    What is the fretboard radius? Lovely looking thing that is!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    photek;839955" said:
    What is the fretboard radius? Lovely looking thing that is!
    Aye it's a bit ooosh.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    @photek ; It's 7.25" radius. I think all the Crinson's are. That was actually my main reservation before buying it. You wouldn't want it an other way though. None of the issue associated with vintage radius, all of the benefits.

Pm'd you. Forgot to double check if it comes with a case?
    Yes, it comes with the tweed case in the pictures. Also 'relic'd'.

Some would probably just call it 'knackered'.  ;)

• Neck size.....? I can't cope with Nocasters.. but would love to try this... where are you based?
    Sorry, meant to update thread, the Crinson is now sold.

Neck is pretty chunky. It's in the ballpark of a Nocaster in terms of depth front to back, but having had several Nocasters, the Crinson is definitely more comfortable.
  • not surprised - Crinson and clover!!
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited November 2015
    I've snoozed and I've losed :(

Note to self, must check the classifieds more often!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just to say what an awesome guitar. Arrived beautifully packed and what a sound and feel! Thanks!
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    MikeC;847725" said:
    Just to say what an awesome guitar. Arrived beautifully packed and what a sound and feel! Thanks!
    Well you should really post a NGD thread with video. Just saying.....

;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."