Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals

What's Hot
FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
Really regretting selling my (early unpainted metal box)  Fulltone Deja Vibe.  Read tons of chat about vibe pedals over the years, but believe me that one NAILED Robin Trower's early sound. SO: I am probably in the market for another one. 

Also interested to hear if anyone has used the Effectrode Tube Vibe.
"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 697
    I've got a big knobs vibe tone I'm selling which is really chewy, the sparse demos if it don't do it justice at all. If you wanna try it out let me know.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    The little Danelectro Chicken salad is pretty good.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited November 2013
    Yeah the chicken salad is great. Some people rehouse it.
  • kr megavibe is awesome but quite hard to come by, failing that the catledine looks great too.
  • danodano Frets: 1647
    I just got a Dunlop Hendrix Univibe and its superb, cant fault it. If you xan pick one up id recommend it.
  • Thumbs up for the Drybell  \m/
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1355
    dogload said:
    The little Danelectro Chicken salad is pretty good.
    As is the Cool Cat Vibe. Love mine, like pretty much all the DanoCool Cat stuff it's just a brilliant sounding pedal full stop with no need to qualify with a "for the price"....
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • SweetSound Mojo Vibe. Miles better than the Fulltone. 

• I always go back to the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe in the end.
  • Had the Voodoo Vibe (+) and it was a little too 'pure' tonally and (dare I say it) too big and complex for live use (my biggest pedal now is the Rotosphere - relatively simple and a lot smaller than a Leslie).  A LOT of people rate the Mojo but the demos I've heard were merely OK.  

Really like to do a shoot out. Seems to me this is what good guitar shops should do, set up a rig and let you compare pedals which do the same or a similar thing. I'd willingly pay for that opportunity.
  • I did a big vibe hunt last year and tried almost everyone under the sun as I needed a second vibe for a b rig, and didn't know if I should deviate fro the mojo vibe I love, or try something new or different, I hit the follow findings

1.) Mojovibe is probably the best real world application of the mojo vibe for gigging - it's a small foot print, it sounds superb, it's easy and simple ot use, the only down side are harder to get in the UK and it's a bit fussy on power supplies

2.) the Roger mayer Vibes the most configurable vibes, this thing you need to put in more work to get good sounds, but you can get the exact sound you want as it's very configurable, downside is it's very configurable and requires effort, and it's quite a big box the simpler models he does looses the appeal as they are nothing special compared to the normal full control unit.

3.) the Castledine vibe - this is a univibe A+B'd against an original it's perfect, it is a univibe in ever way, negative, pricey, waiting list, big box, 18v power supply

4.) Megavibe - superb great sound, negative huge box, power supply problems, the effect is a bit too full on at times, rare, hard to get hold of.

5.) Fulltone dejavibe pretty much second choice to the mojovibe for a gigging usable pedal, pretty much identical in sound, only second choice due to bigger box and i like the mojovibes sound %1 more.

6.) Effectrode tubevibe - great great sounds, perfect for a rack unit, wouldn't like it on my floorboard, big size, tubes exposed, epensive but grat great sound. More mordern than the original one, so it depends on if you want modern or classic univibe sounds

There are many other versions such as the dan electro, the Hendrix pedal, the Dunlop etc etc, and I'm sure they fit for some people better than the ones I've listed, but I assure you (find the Musicradar thread if you can) I tried every vibe possible and these are the only ones that stood up for me

On a side note OxFuzz has just made a new vibe pedal which I love the sound and look of, and I'm toying with buying one but I've held off as I can't be bothered with import hassle at the moment as I'm quite busy, so if you fancied a leap of faith, get one it looks like it is a great vibe, if you don't like it I'll take if off you for the same price you paid as I just can't be bothered with import hassle at the moment.

• @darcym Welcome across, wasn't sure you'd found the place yet.
  • Thanks Darcy - yes these threads constantly renew and recycle :) good to hear from you. In the spirit of refreshment and renewal, maybe it's a good thing we switched over from Musicradar, all told.

As to your offer: Oxfuzz is $289 (£180) + $40 (£25) shipping, + 20% VAT/excise/import duty (£36) + £15 'Customs handling charge'  = £256.  I am getting a horror of paying what is almost amp money for FX.

Think I will ask juansolo if he will make me one...
  • @ftumch pm'd
  • "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7560
    edited November 2013
    I loved the vibe sound from the v2 h2o pedal, though technically it's more a vibey chorus at extreme settings, I liked having a bit of dry signal.

The bbe mind bender is another stunner. It'll make you feel sea sick.

Welcome, darcym!
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i dont pretend to know much about vibe pedals...but i do love nearly everything that earthquaker devices do, and they have recently put out a vibe pedal call the Depths...

http://earthquakerdevices.com/shop/the-depths/#tab-description

might be worth a look?
  • The Depths looks good on paper - not totally out of order pricewise, either.

Got a Moonphaser http://www.moonphase.co.uk/moonphaser/ and wondering whether that might work in combination with a fuzz to get me something distinctive. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    edited November 2013
    I always go back to the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe in the end.
    I haven't tried all of the others but this one still sounds better than any other I've heard. Yes, it's huge and complicated, but it just sounds great.

Surprisingly I also like the old Dunlop Rotovibe - it doesn't sound like a vintage Univibe, but I think it sounds good and the speed control is particularly natural-feeling for some reason.

The only one I've heard that I really hated was the T-Rex Beta-Vibe. It literally made me feel nauseous.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    I always go back to the Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe in the end.
    I haven't tried all of the others but this one still sounds better than any other I've heard. Yes, it's huge and complicated, but it just sounds great.

Surprisingly I also like the old Dunlop Rotovibe - it doesn't sound like a vintage Univibe, but I think it sounds good and the speed control is particularly natural-feeling for some reason.

The only one I've heard that I really hated was the T-Rex Beta-Vibe. It literally made me feel nauseous.
    Don't try the BBE mind bender.  It's unbelievably trippy and swirly.  I love it for that, but I guess it's not a vintage type thing...