Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Vibe pedals

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    The Depths looks good on paper - not totally out of order pricewise, either.

Got a Moonphaser http://www.moonphase.co.uk/moonphaser/ and wondering whether that might work in combination with a fuzz to get me something distinctive. 
    the other thing i forgot to mention...i was looking for vide type sounds...and i bought a phaser instead because on clean it sounds kind of like a vibe but with dirt it sounds more like a phase...its the Blackout effector Sibling...i cant recommend it enough. again, its not a real vibe pedal, but for what i wanted its almost two pedals in one.

listening to that moonphaser pedal, its very kind of similar, and with fuzz the sibling works extremely well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Indeed, there has got to be scope to develop your own sounds. No-one except Robin Trower is going to use a vibe for a whole set, because that's his signature sound, and truth be told Jimi's Band of Gypsies sound is just that.  Looking at the Blackout site the Whetstone looks promising too http://www.blackouteffectors.com/?page_id=513

The vintage sound of an analog OTA-based phaser melded with contemporary parameters out the wazoo. From classic and not-so-classic sounds, subtle and over-the-top phase tones, mellow through seasick pitch vibrato, ringmod, glitchy octave effects, and outright strange phased/autowah/tremolo hybrid sounds you won't find anywhere else. No doubt the Whetstone can do things that your current phaser can't.
    @-)
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4328
    SweetSound Mojo Vibe. Miles better than the Fulltone. 
    +1. Just got one loving it.

I tried a LovePedal Pickle Vibe and was disappointed and got rid of it.This was after I failed to get a good Univibe sound out of my Modfactor, too many variables to dial in.
  • Gosh I love Youtube. When I think how much work it took to get information in the olden days...

Curiously I do like the cleaner sound of the FoxRox - guess one can always dirty things up.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    ...don't be too much of a snob not to look at the Dano Cool Cat VIBE. For an added dimension I sometimes engage my Super Reverb's Tremolo with it... for the money it does a nice VIBE-y job...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Last time I spoke to him @handsomerik had a vibe he has made for sale.
  • Yep it's built on madbeanpedals harbinger one pcb. I believe It's the same circuit as a déjà vibe. Let me know if you're interested. I'd like £80 delivered as vibe pedals are pretty expensive to build due to high parts content and I paid extra for matched photocells for a smooth even throb!
  • pm'd
  • I have the Voodoo Labs Microvibe, it does Hendrix/Trower perfectly.

• swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    edited December 2013
    Had an Effectrode Tube Vibe until a few months ago. Agree with Darcym on the sound. Great piece of kit but not a pedalboard friendly stompbox, better rackmounted as Darcym recommends.

Now got a Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JHM3. Does its job well enough but most importantly mxr size and five times lighter to carry around. Cons: not that easily found lately and prices are insane on the bay.
  • By way of closing off this thread, just to say I had some fun with handsomerik on Saturday fiddling with pedals.  As far as I could tell (and so far), his kit build was as close to my old (early unpainted tallbox) Fulltone Deja Vibe as anything I have heard, so we did a deal.
    Very happy bunny :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    i just got one of these, its a weird kind of stereo vibe/tremolo/rotary thing

• The guy who plays for Prymaxe could make anything sound like a 'must have' :) I'm mesmerised by the fingers (always have been - that's what got me into this guitar game:) 

Personally I tried using two amps in stereo and although it's great fun, it's also a lot of work. Nowadays I'm going the other way - even considering using my Motherload Elemental as a DI/speaker emulator into the PA (sacrilege!)