Cracking jazz version of 'Creep'

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2439
Hayley Reindhart of American Idol fame gives a seriously good version of Creep, jazz style. Might not be everyones cup of tea but she's got a great voice and the performance is quite sexy as is she....

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Love the video - cool cover but reminds me why I'm not into jazz lol
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Love this, her version of Seven Nation Army with PMJ is really great as well. They're touring next year, I really hope she's out with them.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • There seem to be loads of these floating about my Facebook feed at the moment,. I actually don't like them much, just idealess faux jazz versions of popular songs. But her voice is good no question.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72886
    The best cover of this song is the one in Book Of Life. (Kids' animated film, if you haven't seen it.) I don't like Radiohead but I did enjoy the song there.

Not so keen on this, it's going down the same path as all those female-singer-with-piano covers that are all over adverts now. Good the first time you hear it, less so with every new one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6130
    edited November 2015

This over-singing style has a firm grip on a lot of singers. I blame Maria Carey, her version of Without You set the standard for over long, over sung, ultimately soulless pap.

Enough already.