[sob] that will teach me not to check measurements before purchase...hcaAS

What's Hot
on the plus side its fecking sounds superb and the DAB tuner is aswesome...

found a bargain AV receiver, didn't even think of checking dimensions, only place it will go on current rack is top shelf which is far from ideal.. looks like I am on the lookout for a new av rack. :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• We have the same stand :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • once upon a time HiFi racks had the job of isolating turntables and valve equipment from vibrations. possibly CD drives could also benefit.

now, when nearly everything is solid-state I wonder why an ordinary cupboard won't do. I suspect it's because the stand/plinth/rack whatever you call it functions more like an altar, or shrine
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Reminds me of the time I found an original Monet in a charity shop but I had to chuck it because the string on the back was too thick to hang off the little nail I had in my wall.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • once upon a time HiFi racks had the job of isolating turntables and valve equipment from vibrations. possibly CD drives could also benefit.

now, when nearly everything is solid-state I wonder why an ordinary cupboard won't do. I suspect it's because the stand/plinth/rack whatever you call it functions more like an altar, or shrine
    Plus it's better for ventilation.

Plus it's better for ventilation.
    ... which would help valve equipment, and perhaps some of the modern solid state high powered equipment (but a lot of that has huge heat sinks and is not designed to sit on a rack anyway). For the rest, any old shelf will do
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • all the things on the rack the Sky box is the worse for both heat and vibration.. have had stuff in cupboards and open fronted wooden units before when the wife wanted a more 'normal' looking living room but have never like the heat generated... that was in the 1st gen Xbox 360 and PS3 days tho.