Reaper plugins

What's Hot
I can't believe these are free. 

Just quickly knocked up some stuff using lepou Hibrit, lecab, god's cab (3 mics) and noticed the funky strumming stuff was a bit uneven.  Reacomp set on the bass guitar preset and tweaked a bit completely fixed this, keeping things even.  

Then I noticed a bit of hum. Not a problem - Reagate absolutely let me remove the hum during breaks while not affecting my tone at all when I'm playing.  It's amazingly fine adjustable. 

Then it needed a bit of space.  For live playing, Reaverb was giving me LOADS of latency.  So, I tried Reaverbrate.  Job done - it's basically a room type reverb that just adds a bit of space to the sound without it being obvious or seemingly without adding any latency at all. 

I've long been a fan of the delays it comes with - the sheer tweakability is awesome, but it's easy to get them sounding good.  Anytime I'm tempted to spend a lot of money on a delay pedal, I just need to look into reaper's plugins. 

I just can't believe it's all free.  I think there are even bit crushers on there, I've barely scratched the surface. 

Glad to be back into recording again.  Took me a while to work out how to lose my recording loop noise - but adding Reainsert made it very easy and obvious what I had to do to stop the feedback. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
    edited November 2015
    Also, props to Lepou - Hybrit is amazing! I was running it as a slightly dirty clean with the strat, then hitting it with a SHO clone didn't make it go nasty and horrible - it sounded absolutely brilliant.  I've long loved Legion, Lecto and 456 but never really bothered with hybrit until now. 
  • HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited November 2015
    Reaper is amazing. Not free though, should give em the small bit of cash.

I haven't used its plugins much.

The whole thing is so full featured and fast makes the price they charge feel like stealing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes, definitely throw them the cash. It's well worth it. 

Also have a good go through the JS plugins. The GUI isn't pretty but there's some cracking stuff in there. 

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I've been working a lot more in Reaper lately, some of those effects really are nifty.  I'm finally moving away from Cubase as Reaper runs flawlessly in Wine which lets me move my whole recording setup over to Linux and finally kick Windows in the nuts once and for all. 

Those LePou amps are really top notch though.  Was messing about last night with a Tonebender VST, into HyBrit and then into LeCab with a V30 impulse loaded, was so much fun to play that I ended up forgetting to actually record anything and just noodled away for a couple of hours.

-- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • I've paid for reaper, but I think of the plugins as basically being free seeing how cheap the software itself is.

Bonkers.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26669
    edited November 2015
    I've paid for reaper, but I think of the plugins as basically being free seeing how cheap the software itself is.

Bonkers.
    No, you're actually correct - they are free, and you can download them for any other DAW.
    <space for hire>
  • digitalscream;859187" said:
    ThePrettyDamned said:

I've paid for reaper, but I think of the plugins as basically being free seeing how cheap the software itself is.

Bonkers.

No, you're actually correct - they are free, and you can download them for any other DAW.
    Well, that's absolutely awesome.

Shit son, how do they stay in business? And they update quite regularly.
  • HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited November 2015

Bonkers.
    I had no idea they were available stand alone.
    That's crazy cool.
  • digitalscream;859187" said:
    Well, that's absolutely awesome.

Shit son, how do they stay in business? And they update quite regularly.
    I think it's because when you make a genuinely great product, offer great terms on it and generally act like the good guys, people are willing to pay.

The fact that you get two full versions' worth of updates when you buy a licence is huge in an industry where it's all about grabbing money.
    <space for hire>
  • Yeah Ive been considering spending some cash on a compressor and eq but the trouble is to get a significant step up from the ones in reaper is quite a bit of dosh so I'm finding it really hard to jsutify it / settle on what I should go with.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22215
    edited November 2015
    PolarityMan said:Yeah Ive been considering spending some cash on a compressor and eq but the trouble is to get a significant step up from the ones in reaper is quite a bit of dosh so I'm finding it really hard to jsutify it / settle on what I should go with.
    Check out Klanghelm. 

DC8C is the cleaner compressor, MJUC is more coloured. MJUC Jr is free. Sounds really good on DI guitar. MJUC is 24 Euros so about 16 quid. Bargain. 

If you want cheap and clean and excellent, then Tokyo Dawn Labs is another. 

Kotelnikov was designed for mastering, Feedback Compressor is a clean all-rounder. Both are excellent. 

• FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    If you're looking for a compressor to use on bass, I highly recommend Blockfish - simple, free and fattening!

I don't think I've recorded bass without it for years now, it's nowhere near transparent but just sounds great.  Does the classic Dynacomp kind of guitar squish pretty well too.
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • FezFez Frets: 528
    Melda do a set of free plugins not full versions but pretty good. Also some good stuff with CM, now as downloads. Reaper is great though.
    Don't touch that dial.