SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT My Green Hondo II LP for something fenderish

What's Hot
SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
I spent ages on this but in reality I never use it, it plays great and the build thread is here
Impossible to put any sort of value on it without risking a barrage of likely deserved lols so I'd rather swap for something else a bit more fender like as I alternate between playing my Strat and Tele. It's not perfect, I am not claiming it is just a playable guitar. There are some marks in the dye where the wood refused to take it, I think it may be sap or engrain or something like that. There are also two pieces of veneer one either side of the neck in the pocket as removing the nitro from the neck left it a tiny bit short. I shimmed the neck also as there was some string buzz with the action set low. A single piece of veneer fixed it fine. I probably spent more time and money on it that it deserved but was a great project while it lasted. I made the pick guard myself out of a piece of wood, again its not perfect and I never could decide if I liked it so never drilled any holes for it. The pickups are from a sammick I stripped and are supposed to be SD designed which I guess means likely not that good but they sound good enough to me. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That's lovely! Nice work bud :)
    Easily distracted and...oooh, look! A guitar!"
    My Trading Feedback can be found here: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62765/bad-alice/p1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    Thanks @bad_alice I wish I'd played it before I stripped it, I would have realised it's not really my type of guitar. It is the one everyone comments on when they come in my house though.
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    that is lovely - i like the green colour scheme.  No Fender types to trade with though, sorry...
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I want this, however I currently have the exact same guitar sat half sanded...
    Get it sanded @shark_eyes it's not that big a job
  • It's not (although I'm not sure I'd do a good job as you have) but there's not much outdoor space in a third floor flat sadly.
    If you are anywhere near Crawley @shark_eyes I have plenty of room and a few Sanders, heat gun scrapers etc you are welcome to use
  • I might well take you up on that offer. I'll let you know in the new year.
    edited November 2015
    Anytime :) @shark_eyes

I'd also consider a parlour or 335 type guitar or pretty much anything I guess lol