Any Two Rock users here? Would appreciate your thoughts on gain pedals :-)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I think adding that on top of a Silver Jubilee does the job for him. I know what you mean about the opening to Slane Castle. Will get hold of one to try out. 

He's an underrated player. I watched a clip of him going through the making of Dani, very clever.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I noticed you are thinking of getting one. Have you tried one yet?
    Not yet... soon hopefully! Cheers!

• I have to say johnmontana, it's a thing of beauty. The clean sound is to die for. When I first tried one I didn't realise that the Effect Send dial on the back of the amp is essentially the master volume, was wondering why it was seemingly quiet compared to the 35w (unusual moment of stupidity!) 

Your jaw will drop when you pull the Boost pot ;-) and the reverb is wonderful. 
  • I have to say johnmontana, it's a thing of beauty. The clean sound is to die for. When I first tried one I didn't realise that the Effect Send dial on the back of the amp is essentially the master volume, was wondering why it was seemingly quiet compared to the 35w (unusual moment of stupidity!) 

Your jaw will drop when you pull the Boost pot ;-) and the reverb is wonderful
    Thanks mate! Hopefully I'll find one for me soon! Cheers!

• AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    Just picked up a Suhr Koko Boost from @not_the_dj. It works really well with the studio pro. Recommend it. Anyone else tried the Koko?
  • I've heard Guthrie Govan using one of those, it does sound pretty good. Another to try. I think I'm going to go for some kind of Muff pedal and a Kingsley pedal, either Harlot or Jouster. 
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    Hi mate, How did the pedal hunt go? Considering a switch around myself.....
  • Hi Andy. I got myself a Kingsley Jouster. It's like adding a preamp really, 2 x 12ax7's and 2 channels. At gig volume I really like the sound of it with the boost engaged and a TS9 reissue before it to push it.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31119
    You tried the Wampler Euphoria? Awesome thing.

Also check out Lazy J Cruiser, which is 4 layers of saturated gain- totally different.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    Hi Andy. I got myself a Kingsley Jouster. It's like adding a preamp really, 2 x 12ax7's and 2 channels. At gig volume I really like the sound of it with the boost engaged and a TS9 reissue before it to push it.
    How is it at lower volumes? 

I've been thinking about getting a Kingsley - no idea which one, yet - for home practice. I don't want anything high gain - '60s & '70s blues & classic rock type gains.

By the way, I have a Cruiser Deuce & don't find it that versatile. It does sound damn good though :)

• The Jouster is the higher gain of his pedal options. Might be worth PM'ing John Perry, as he has a Two Rock and has tried loads of pedals with it. It'll saturate nicely for low volume use.

Whereabouts are you based?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    For a low-gainer, the Page. For classic rock tones the Jester, or Minstrel if you don't need a clean boost. The Jouster's got more gain than the Jester. Funnily enough i am also having great results with a tech 21 liverpool through the TR at low volume. Very different flavour but sounds magnificent