SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1986 Gibson SG - Dimarzios - £475

woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited November 2015 in Guitars £

Hi guys,

Up for sale is my '86 Gibson SG Special. I got this in a part exchange and whilst it's a great guitar I have no real use for it!

It's in amazing condition for it's age, and doesn't have any dings or marks on it that you wouldn't expect to see on a two year old guitar! It's obviously been well loved and meticulously looked after.

It's been kitted out with some sort of late 70's/early 80's Dimarzio pickups which sound great, and really push a valve amp. Unlike many Gibsons of this era, this one is nice and lightweight (just over 7lbs), and rings like a bell, with great sustain and a snappy response from the gorgeous ebony fretboard. The original frets don't show a great deal of wear, and have many years left in them yet. Other than the pickup swap, everything is original except the tuners (which are modern Kluson replacements), and the fact that someone's relocated the strap button to the top horn, so the guitar hangs more like a Les Paul.

Comes in a PRS Gig Bag. A nearly immaculate none-more-black 30 year old guitar for significantly less than the price of a new one!

Based in Leeds or Huddersfield - Any questions please ask!
Sam

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom