SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1965 Gibson Melody Maker DC - Awesome stratty tones!

What's Hot
woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

Another one up for sale, is my 1965 Gibson Melody Maker, twin pickup. 
Really lovely guitar, and one that absolutely holds its own against its bigger brothers of the vintage guitar world. Rich, chiming acoustic tone, and sustains forever.
Electrically it is all original, and these sixties Melody Maker pickups do a fantastic job of doing a Gibson take on a Fender sound. I'll try and upload a video to Youtube to demonstrate the tone of this!

It has a lovely patina of age to it, with the usual lacquer checking that you'd expect from a Gibson of this age. There is a small bit of overspray on the sides of the horns, where I assume the finish got rubbed off whilst being transported in a case. To be honest, it was a few days before I noticed it, and it blends in quite well. There are no breaks anywhere, and the tuners are later double ring Klusons, and the knobs are repro. The Vibrola tremolo has also been removed at some point, and the holes filled, so is now setup as a much more sturdy wraptail like a Les Paul Special or Jr.

Any questions please just ask!
I'm looking for £650 - a steal for a 50 year old, golden era Gibson! I'm based in Leeds/Huddersfield, but travel around a fair bit so happy to see if we can sort something out delivery-wise.
Thanks!
Samimage
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments