SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1951 Gibson ES175 - Great Player's Guitar!

woody_89woody_89 Frets: 123
edited November 2015 in Guitars £
Hi guys,

Very reluctantly up for sale is my 1951 ES175, an absolutely wonderful guitar that I've had for around 18 months now. Sadly, I cannot justify having something like this just sitting around not being used, so I feel the time is right to move it on!

The guitar has clearly been used, but always taken care of and treated well. The biggest point to mention is that it has had a second pickup added in the bridge position. (The twin pickup ES175s didn't come out til '53). The original neck pickup was relocated to the bridge position, and was replaced by an unknown P90. All this was done before the previous owner bought it, and he had owned it since the late seventies. The neck pickup is well matched to the bridge pickup, and is certainly of comparable quality.
Also added was a 3-way toggle selector. This is currently in the cutaway, but was at some point located on the guitar's upper bout. This has since been plugged and sympathetically coloured. 

There are no breaks or cracks anywhere, and the back of the neck has lovely wear to it that makes it incredibly comfortable to play. Another bonus is a professional refret not long ago, so this guitar plays and feels as good as it did 60 years ago. The tuners are also repros from DMC. 

The added bridge pickup is, for me at least, a real bonus, making this guitar nearly identical in spec to an ES295, so rockabilly and 50s rock n roll tones are all there, along with the gorgeous, warm jazz tones that you can expect from the neck pickup. 

The case is Gibson, but from the late 60's, so not original to the guitar.

Most importantly - it smells fantastic!

I'm looking for £2350, but all serious offers will be considered. Not really after trades, unless it's for something 50s/60s with Gibson or Fender on the top ;)

Based in Leeds/Huddersfield, but very happy to travel to make a deal work!
Any questions please ask,
Thanks,
Sam

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments