Martin ooo28 strings help

So I recently bought a martin ooo28, which I love, I'm about to change the strings, the ones martin recommends are their own martin brand strings 12-54, on all my previous acoustics I've preferred daddario strings, daddario light gauge are 12-53, will the difference between 53-54 be noticeable so that I hear a loss in bass or anything like that? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5324
    no
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    great, thanks, will go ahead and get a few sets of daddadrio'
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30320
    There's hardly anything in it although Martin strings aren't bad. If I couldn't find Daddarios, I'd use Martins.
  • JtaylorJtaylor Frets: 182
    ok, thanks, thought i'd check before buying a 3 pack :)
  • Martin Retro's are worth a try.You won't be disappointed .
  • I concur. I tried some recently and they sound very good. Hard to put my finger on what makes them different, but definitely worth experimenting with.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    Despite having used D'Addarios for years and always thinking that Martins were a bit 'cheap' somehow, I recently restrung my old Martin 12-string with Martins (Marquis 80/20 bronze) on a whim because there weren't any D'Adds in the shop, and I was amazed to find it sounds noticeably better - somehow 'right' in a strange way compared to the D'Adds. Hard to explain but I really do prefer it.

I wonder if they have really improved, or my taste has changed? They may not last quite as long as the D'Adds (80/20 bronze doesn't seem to compared to phosphor) but considering I don't play it much and only restring it about every five years that probably isn't a problem :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein