Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot
1162163164165166168»

Comments

• manicguitaristmanicguitarist Frets: 391
    gubble said:
    @manicguitarist ; was that first picture Devils Bridge in Kirkby Lonsdale?
    Yes. That was about 110miles into the trip. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1767
    gubble said:
    Awesome ! I went to school there and used to ride back to Devil's bridge most weekends back when i lived back up north.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    gubble said:
    gubble said:
    Awesome ! I went to school there and used to ride back to Devil's bridge most weekends back when i lived back up north.
    Some great roads around there - just avoid riding at weekend - too many eejits using it like a race track.
    sinbaadi said:
    As much as the riding, I am really enjoying having a bike to tinker with, in the garage.  Still lots of little jobs to do.  Rear brake assembly is off at the moment so that I can straighten the slightly (but obviously) bent part of the lever.  Then the next one will the tail tidy.  Few more service items, a replacement warning sticker on the tank because it appears a screwdriver was used to remove the original one, and perhaps an attempt to pull the dent out of the tank, and I might be finished.
    Gotta admit - I love tinkering with the bikes. Very therapeutic for me. I compile a list of major jobs that need doing over the year, and then do them between Christmas and New Year - just me in the garage with the music on learning new swear words. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    AK99 said:
    Koa said:
    Lovely bike, great to see it being toured, lots of cleaning after that trip I guess!
    It really is a great looking bike. Those Eye-talian chaps really do know a thing or two about vay-uh-hicular styling.
    I think my MV-F3 looked better - and that was a lovely bike. Just couldn't get hold of parts for servicing.
    But yes, the V2 (especially now I had mine wrapped) is very pictureskew

^^ My Previous MV

And the V2 without luggage at the same location

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    wow that F3 is stunning !!!!

an MV Dealer has opened up recently near me - already been in twice to admire the bikes
    gubble said:
    wow that F3 is stunning !!!!

an MV Dealer has opened up recently near me - already been in twice to admire the bikes
    Was a brilliant bike, put 20,000 miles on her over 4 years. At the time MV were having one of their "will we go bust" moments - and I couldn't get hold of service parts. So she went, in favour of the V2
    The guy at the dealer was seemingly an MV person before and was telling me that a lot of bikes were delivered into people's living rooms as ornaments so it's nice to hear that yours was properly used.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16273
    I go to KTM London in Vauxhall which is also MV dealer .......all of the models are there .......I've ridden most of the MV range .
    Ducati is next door ( and Triumph next door to that ).
    I feel that you lay on top of the MV bikes rather than sit in them with the equivalent Ducatis .Years ago I had a Duc 916 ;fantastic bike but you had to lay on top of it rather than sit into it.
    I'm a bit large/heavy at 6'1" and 16 and a half stone ........and a bit old now and I just can't get comfortable on the MVs ,Pannigale is better v2 or v4 but the weight on my wrists just spoils the ride after 5 minutes or until the wind lifts the weight at non-stop speed of 60 mph plus .
    Consequently I'm restricted to a Streetfighter type like a Superduke R or a DUC Streetfighter.
    If it was for track only I'd love an MV 
    Ah - I am 5'6" and significantly lighter - the MV and the Ducati are both very spacious for me
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16273
    It's not so much a lack of space but the angle of incline and reach .....I always find myself riding round resting an arm on the tank to take the weight off my elbows
    .....maybe I need to go on Ozempic !
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    I went for a ride on Sunday.  As said I've had a bit of time off motorcycles but have quite quickly found the confidence again.  This thing is properly sorted handling wise and the engine is sweet as a nut.  The short gearing really helps its responsiveness too. 

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not Marc Marquez, but I can pedal a bit, and I'm already at a point where to "have fun" I have to ride the thing fast.  I can't see me just wanting to ride it somewhere and back for the day.   

So I'm thinking I'll move it on before the end of the summer, as I'm either going to not ride it, or every ride will be wringing its neck and risking my license, which I can ill afford to lose.
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1641
    edited June 6
    I think my MV-F3 looked better - and that was a lovely bike. Just couldn't get hold of parts for servicing.
    Ah I love the modern MVs too. I've one mate who has an F4 - which despite being a 1000cc lump revs higher than my 675 (down in no small measure to the titanium conrods amongst other things I believe):

Love that thing for the Flash Gordon rocket-launcher pipes coming out the back alone. Shown here with the baffles on the inner two out of the four pipes in place. 

With two of the four baffled, I still couldn't hear my own bike when I was riding along behind him. Gawd only knows what it's like fully gutted .  Incidentally I was in one of the last remaining guitar shops in Dublin a while back, and the owner was complaining about some clown of a neighbour of his with a red motorcycle with four exhaust pipes below the seat which was ridiculously fkn loud. Asked me (who'd just landed in on my bike) if I'd ever seen it or knew anything about it. Had to politely deny all knowledge of course..

I also have another friend who has a pretty trick F3 dedicated track bike (the one on the left below):

He bought the smaller F3 triple as he says it's more manoeuvrable and wieldy around most of the tracks here in Ireland than the larger 4cyl F4. The suspension and wheels upgrades on it alone probably cost more than my whole bike. He tends to ride it in the Advanced Group sessions, which are usually packed chock-full of proper road-racers testing their race bike setups out of season. Leisurely paced you might say it is not, but he is well able to hold his own out amongst them on the F3. It is a wee bit special  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    sinbaadi said:
    I went for a ride on Sunday.  As said I've had a bit of time off motorcycles but have quite quickly found the confidence again.  This thing is properly sorted handling wise and the engine is sweet as a nut.  The short gearing really helps its responsiveness too. 

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not Marc Marquez, but I can pedal a bit, and I'm already at a point where to "have fun" I have to ride the thing fast.  I can't see me just wanting to ride it somewhere and back for the day.   

So I'm thinking I'll move it on before the end of the summer, as I'm either going to not ride it, or every ride will be wringing its neck and risking my license, which I can ill afford to lose.
    I've decided to sell.  I haven't been itching to ride, but when I have it has been pretty much as above. 

I had a good ride on Friday, and a good think, but for 99% of the time I was just thinking that I'm not as in to it as I once was.  The 1% being a few moments in twisty sections or roundabouts.  

It might be the bike.  I'll have my eye open for something else as a winter project, I think.  But it might be that I'm over it, a bit.  I passed my test at 24 and took every single opportunity, for the next 14 years, to ride whenever I could.  I rode a lot, and perhaps it's unreasonable to expect that kind of enthusiasm to return.  A lot has changed for me during the hiatus, too.  Perspective, maybe.