hello

What's Hot

you may or may not remember me.

anyway I wanted to post a photo I found tonight.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guess who
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If you don't know who the lady and gent are in the band t-shirts then you must be a "noobie"  ha ha
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Hullo! :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • hows it going Zap

Just found this place after checking musicradar site. that pic must be 8-9 years old I guess.

I was just hinking yesterday that it must be 10 years almost exactly since the first northern Gas. happy memories

• when I say hinking, I mean thinking
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 382
    Well Hello. Glad to see you found us.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    All right. Nice to see RB again- what's she up to these days I wonder?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Goodness, how time passes!

("You are young and Life is long and time is getting short" as a lyric I've just written has it)

Ten years since the first NGas - happy days indeed. Goodness, I'm old.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • that sounds like a lyric I could sing Mike.

I do miss the times of my friends on intermusic, now there was a proper community. such good people, you, Nick, trell, RB, grover, goji, krash, honeytone, fergie, stance, jase, bezzer, dennis, filthy, huw, vibe, etc. no ego's, just friendship and support, great days.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not sure about this place here and now, but you're right, that was a proper community that you couldn't explain by saying "I'm on this forum on the internet ..."

I hope there's some of that spirit still here, but not many of the people you mention. Sadly. (Other forumites are available. They are not necessarily shite)

And that lyric is from the new one, "14 Kisses", and it strikes me now is partially a Pink Floyd quote ("Time", I think). Hmm.
  • I hear you.

if you've got any music, I would love to hear it. I have no idea whether you are in a band. anyway, upload/download it. can you pm on this forum?

it has been said, by others, that my singing is vastly better than it was previously..I have a suspicion that is called progress.

I shall send you a message.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Hello John, good to see you back again - you  won't remember me but I certainly remember you... That is a great pic of you and Zap and RB!

I was at the (last?) Northern Gas gig in Middlesbrough - Zap, you might remember I did "Substitute" and *Oliver's Army" that night.  

Happy days indeed!

Cheers,
    Al. 
    I remember - I ended up with your crib sheet for "Oliver's Army" :D

Happy times indeed.
    Aha - I wondered where it went!  Some good chords in there, yes?    :)
    Some real fancy chords. You some kinda jazz guy?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, if that's what it takes!  

It wasn't really weird inversions, but there were some pretty slick changes around the middle eight:

"Hong Kong is up for grabs" 
    I'm only teasing. Doesn't Chuck say something along those lines to Keith after "I'm Through With Love"?

Which is a Marilyn song I think? Wow.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    edited November 2013
    Hello  John mate................ good to "see you"

:)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • vizviz Frets: 10781
    Lixarto said:
    I'm not sure about this place here and now, but you're right, that was a proper community that you couldn't explain by saying "I'm on this forum on the internet ..."

I hope there's some of that spirit still here, but not many of the people you mention. Sadly. (Other forumites are available. They are not necessarily shite)

And that lyric is from the new one, "14 Kisses", and it strikes me now is partially a Pink Floyd quote ("Time", I think). Hmm.

That spirit is definitely still here today, just different people, and the differences in opinion do seem a tad more violent shall we say, but the support and friendship is there also. It would be nice to have some more blasts from the past join though; Mr. Totalwar's list brings back many memories!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom