Michael Hedges - Gospel

What's Hot
BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 774
edited November 2015 in Acoustics
Any one know what tuning is used on this piece :

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• G G C E G C

Not 100% on the high C, but I had a quick look :) Might want some heavy strings! My low .068 can just about do it, but it's questionable.

Could take it up a tone though
  • Good call on Hedges btw
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    I wish he wasn't dead.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28389
    Funny enough I was listening to MH just yesterday. A unique guitarist who actually brought something new to the table. He had a surprisingly good voice as well. I got on to him pretty early on, it was via a copy of american guitar mag (forget the name) which used to have Flexi discs on the cover. The pic was of MH with a harp guitar, a weird instrument that I'd never seen before, and the Flexi track was 'because it's there', a harp guitar track that absolutely blew me away! It was like 3 instruments playing at once.
  • Don't get me wrong, Michael's music is great and SO influential (As well as so many that he inluenced ) But the headstock on those harp guitars ... A bit suspect! I far prefer Andy Mckee's/Don Ross' harp headstock :)

I'd love to see and hear Michael's music today (as in what he would be writing now), as well as his reaction to everything that's being played because of his influence. Same can be said for Eric Roche.
  • G G C E G C

Not 100% on the high C, but I had a quick look :) Might want some heavy strings! My low .068 can just about do it, but it's questionable.

Could take it up a tone though
    Many thanks - I'll give it a go - probably up a tone though. : >
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    Seeing as we're on the subject of Michael Hedges and the OP has his answer....

Apologies for the derail but does anyone know where I could a decent tab or lesson for Bensusan?

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8062
    edited December 2015
    There used to be a good tab online for Bensusan years ago, I'm sure it migrated to ultimate guitar.com?
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    I'll have a look around there then! Cheers...

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to