Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Good trader thread - suggestion for revamp as it currently doesn't work!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3376
    edited December 2015
    Doesn't each user have for want of a better term a wall where people can leave public comments? Couldn't that be used for good trader info, that way you just click username and see who's had successful dealings or warnings?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    It's the 'Activity Page'- actually that is a pretty good idea.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 662
    edited December 2015
    What about a trader rating symbol like the LOL and WOW where folks can be rewarded with a simple click for a good trade?
    The number would then show up on their profile?
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4067
    edited December 2015
    JD50 said:
    What about a trader rating symbol like the LOL and WOW where folks can be rewarded with a simple click for a good trade?
    +1 to this idea.  "Hero" and "Villain" buttons.  Is that possible?

Anything extra that someone might want to write could be put on the Activity wall but the see-at-a-glance aspect of someone's score sounds very appealing. 

EDIT -- just remembered the hassle someone had with getting lots of meaningless and irritating LOLs -- didn't really follow the drama but aware of it so I guess a button system wouldn't work cos it would be open to that sort of problem.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11517
    grungebob said:
    Doesn't each user have for want of a better term a wall where people can leave public comments? Couldn't that be used for good trader info, that way you just click username and see who's had successful dealings or warnings?
    The problem is that other stuff can be posted on there, not just trade feedbacks.  I just made a trade, and I was going to post on the other guy's wall but there are other things on it.

I don't know if it would be possible to have a second wall, or a section of the wall specifically for trade feedbacks.  If not then I think the Basschat system would be the best option.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    octatonic said:
    It's the 'Activity Page'- actually that is a pretty good idea.
    As @crunchman said above, the wall/activity page gets used for all sorts of stuff, and in different ways by different people.  We'd like to keep trading feedback together in one place, and keep it "clean", so it's just trading feedback.

JD50 said:
    Ahhhh - you've not encountered the phantom LOL-ers and the facepalm wars ... so - unfortunately - that system is open to too much abuse, despite the attraction of being really simple to implement and easy to use

:(

We've pretty much decided to implement a system similar to Basschat's feedback system.  You'll see it when it happens (in the next couple of weeks hopefully).
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    photek said:
    @TTony can I just check something, would good and bad feedback be in the same thread? I am trying to get it in my head how I quickly check how much good and bad feedback a member has. On basschat I have to read through potentially pages of comments to decifer a rough number of good v bad.
    I agree. Not sure how you stop the threads turning into a discussion either, with multiple posts concerning the same transaction. Although to be fair a quick glance over there seems to suggest they're pretty disciplined. I imagine that might stop if there's a dispute though, and the mods will have to come in and sweep up. 
  • It's a shame that the activity page on a members profile doesn't get used for this.
    That way, if you want a trade, you can click on the name - see the wall and then quickly scroll through to see good trades / bad trades etc.

you'd need a defined format and people would have to stop chatting on them
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3695
    minimoog said:
    The Heroes and Villains forum on the watch forum TZ-UK works very well. You have a H&V sub-forum in the classifieds and people post a positive or negative review with Hero (or Villain) and the user name of who they're reviewing in the title. It's then easy and quick to search that particular forum for instances of the user name you're interested in and see how many threads there are about them and whether it's Hero or Villain status they've been awarded by whoever traded with them and left the review. All the details of why they're such a gent/bounder are in the threads themselves.

So you get a sub-forum with  a list of threads such as

HERO - Axewarrior
    HERO - Plinky
    Absolute HERO - Minimooog
    VILLAIN - Fretwanker

etc etc. 

It works great. Just a thought...
    Another TZ-er eh?
    ;)

I agree, the Heroes and Villains idea on Eddies forum is the best I have seen.
  • TTONY's latest idea - Post your feedback in te feedback thread but include (for example) f33dbackmattacjones as a string. The use the search, if searching for feedback on me, search f33dbackmattacjones, even with the basic search you'd see all the posts where people have left feedback for me.could be good or bad

Or 

On everyone's profile page there's a list of 'messages' - presumably where people have got confused when pm'ing, could be used exclusively for feedback. So, buy something nice from person A, post on his page a positive.
  • minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    edited December 2015
    On everyone's profile page there's a list of 'messages' - presumably where people have got confused when pm'ing, could be used exclusively for feedback. So, buy something nice from person A, post on his page a positive.
    That could work - I'm not really sure what use that 'activity' bit is for otherwise, or whether it's needed.
  • It's the bit called 'activities'

minimoog;884094" said:
    mattacjones said:On everyone's profile page there's a list of 'messages' - presumably where people have got confused when pm'ing, could be used exclusively for feedback. So, buy something nice from person A, post on his page a positive.

That could work - I'm not really sure what use that 'activity' bit is for otherwise, or whether it's needed.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    TTONY's latest idea - Post your feedback in te feedback thread but include (for example) f33dbackmattacjones as a string. The use the search, if searching for feedback on me, search f33dbackmattacjones, even with the basic search you'd see all the posts where people have left feedback for me.could be good or bad
    Not so much a "latest idea", and more filling in the detail of how the original idea will work ...

We're working on refining the search box/function so that;
    - you'll type the userID into the search box that will appear in the feedback section of the forum (which will be a sub of the Classifieds).
    - the search results will be limited to results where the userID is in the thread title and to thread titles within the feedback section

As there will only be one thread per member, that search will display the ONE thread relating to the trading activity for that member.  Within that thread will be all the posts left by his/her trading partners.

That means that anyone considering a trade will be able to see the history quickly & easily.  It also means that anyone wanting to leave feedback post-deal will be able to find the appropriate thread quickly - and you won't need to leave the member's name as a string in the post, because the post will be within the thread for that member.

I'd also suggest that "regular traders" might just include a link to their feedback thread in their sigs - making the process even easier.

:)

We're not using the activities page (aka wall) for feedback - there's no way of ensuring that everyone uses it in the same way, and some people already use it for a variety of other purposes.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.