SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD - Nickel Les Paul hardware.

What's Hot
Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
Hi folks, 

I am restoring and refinishing a LP Studio and replacing the gold hardware for Nickel. All the hardware is gold so I'm needing everything from tuners (locking maybe?) right down to the strap buttons, screws etc. Possibly pickup covers but bridge pickup is a Seymour Duncan so I'm guessing I'd need an odd pair of covers? 

So lets see whats out there! Cheers, Dan

My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    edited November 2015
    I can supply all that but I'd advise brasso'ing all the gold off first, it works!

Duncan and Gibson covers are interchangeable, just make sure to check whether the bridge pickup is standard or bridge spaced first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited November 2015
    streethawk;877718" said:
    I can supply all that but I'd advise brasso'ing all the gold off first, it works!

Duncan and Gibson covers are interchangeable, just make sure to check whether the bridge pickup is standard or bridge spaced first.
    I took brasso to gold hardware on a strat a few years ago and it looked great when I'd finished. Really nice colour afterwards much nicer than chrome. Total bugger to get into small nooks and crannies though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan86Dan86 Frets: 116
    Great idea, thanks guys! Streethawk I have looked at your site and may grab a few bits, as I don't have pickup covers . Will give the brasso a go soon. Cheers folks!
    My art/photography : http://danuk86.deviantart.com
  • No worries, I might be out of nickel (unaged) covers but have some more on the way.