Is dominant seventh interval....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    frankus said:

I agree about musical tastes - to of my inspirations are John Gregson and Adrian Clark - who both mix up their music incredibly.

I guess with that narrow view of music, I could see why they would think it.

I am only just beginning to understand metal, just starting to get the exuberance and expression ;)

I've always been pretty fascinated by music of many kinds.. maybe too many.. lmao

in recent years I've been getting more and more into Blue Grass... it's just so much fun.. but don't tell anyone..

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    But, then you try to play something and most of your theory goes out of the window........

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    edited December 2015
    when you say 'your theory' are you referring to a specific theory system or just theory in general?

EDIT [after thought]: I remember analysing pieces by Debussy, Bartok, Berg, and also some BeBop and Fusion pieces
    some parts of it you just have to figure out bar by bar or moment by moment.. and even then, things get mucky
    and no matter how you look at it, it ends up being a big stack of dissonances..
    kind of like trying to understand in technical terms one of those paintings that is splashes of paint on a canvas..
    there will always be stuff that is so outside that it just is what it is..
    play every note as if it were your first
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744

Clarky said:

EDIT [after thought]: I remember analysing pieces by Debussy, Bartok, Berg, and also some BeBop and Fusion pieces
    some parts of it you just have to figure out bar by bar or moment by moment.. and even then, things get mucky
    and no matter how you look at it, it ends up being a big stack of dissonances..
    kind of like trying to understand in technical terms one of those paintings that is splashes of paint on a canvas..
    there will always be stuff that is so outside that it just is what it is..
    Exactly, many pieces from many composers don't use conventional theory/harmony.....

Time Remembered by Bill Evans is a good example, because it doesn't sound like "a big stack of dissonances" like some Bartok can.

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."

• GuyBoden said:

Time Remembered by Bill Evans is a good example, because it doesn't sound like "a big stack of dissonances" like all Bartok does.

fixed ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself