SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: goodtele pickups for country/low gain tones

Hi all,

I have an ASAT classic tele with stock pickups. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of them - a bit too high output and not enough twang. So if anyone has some good lower-output tele pickups voiced for American country tones i.e. Fender (good fender not this n3 noiseless stuff) lollarr, Fralin ETC then please throw a message my way. Also, if higher-output rock tones are your thing, I'll trade for these G&L pickups as they are very good just not for me.

Thanks
Matt
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    I just put in a set of vanson tele pickups.  they're fantastic..  and  at £30 new for a set even better...
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Lollar '52's.
    I have them in a guitar and they are killer. 
  • I've got a fender broadcaster pickup from a Baja Telecaster knocking about, want £30 for it so say £33 delivered?
  • Ive got a set of barden gatton pups very clean twangy country pup best you can get
  • Hi

If the Bardens were an offer for sale, shout. I might very well be interested. I couldn't tell from your message haha.
    I have Bardens in several guitars.
    They aren't that clean- they are loud and gritty- they will push your amp into clip before most other things will.

I love them but make sure they are what you want- a lot of guys can't get on with them because they are very bright and very revealing.

• Ah. good point...might not be then.
  • octatonic;879936" said:
    I have Bardens in several guitars.They aren't that clean- they are loud and gritty- they will push your amp into clip before most other things will.

I love them but make sure they are what you want- a lot of guys can't get on with them because they are very bright and very revealing.
    I would have to disagree im afraid , ive used bardens for years in my teles and found them to be a lot cleaner than most of my fender/lollars/kleins/bk/e.t.c that i have in others you are correct in they may read more powerfull but because they are so much more hi/fi in definition they cut through with a lot more clarity than a broadcaster or nocaster style pick up .
    We might be talking about the same thing then- they are very hi-fi but unless you are using a Twin (or another amp with huge clean headroom) then most amps will clip out sooner with Bardens than with other pickups.
  • spenietelespenietele Frets: 74
    edited December 2015
    They are for sale but you would do well to try a guitar ir listen to a guitar with them in first as octatonic suggests there not for everyone