Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The first guitar you really bonded with?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1759
    edited August 2016
    Possibly my Japanese Charvel Model 2 from 1986 (although I liked both The Ibanez Iceman and the Aria XX Flying V I had)

That poor Charvel got so abused that there was nothing left of the body in the end, however I do still have it with a new body on it now....and a refret too!

This is gorgeous...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AndyRAndyR Frets: 158
    A Westone Thunder 1A, bought new in 1981. It was my third electric, and first one that was reliable. I also had one of the first Rainbow 1 "335-a-likes" that came into the country.

I sold the Rainbow to a young guy with small fingers in the late 90s. The Thunder is with a nephew at the moment. I occasionally get nostalgic, but probably won't make any attempt to get it back.

I've pretty much bonded with every guitar I've touched since then...
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    Also a guitar I still own:

I got my first playable electric at 19 (Ibanez Blazer for £150), it was stolen  18 months later, after which luck returned and I got my first  excellent guitar, my only excellent one for  20 years really.

I had a bit of birthday money, and answered an ad in the back of a guitar mag

Basically a chap down south (Nick Beer - anyone heard of him?)  had built  2  Dire straits strat clones from  reissue parts from Chandler. One was spare. Or a GAS  casualty:   ESP mahogany body,  ESP62 neck, schallers,  SD  staggered pups,  anodised aluminium scratchplate, etc, etc. This was in the 80s, when ESP made  strat clone parts.
    he had all the receipts,  about £500, advert was for £110, and the chap let me have it for £95, and threw in a trem , which I had fitted at A1 in Manchester.

Anyway, it's had various pickups, ended up with a Dave Gilmour EMG set. Not everyone's think, but  I like them a lot
    The trem was always stiff, which I know realised I prefer, it feels more like a tremless guitar until you need to bend  the trem 
    It still rarely goes out of tune, and still plays  like a  £2k guitar in today's money