SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Microphone case

moz91moz91 Frets: 38
Wanting a flightcase to hold 6-8 mics, one of those accucase drop-in things would be good

Thanks,

Chris
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 619

I use these for holding my computer microscopes & they do the job great. Sure they would fit for the mics too.

You just cut out the padding to suit the shape of what you wanna store. They are pretty decent. Maybe ebay will fetch up same for cheaper but at least at Maplins I could touch/feel the case & whether it felt decent. Check out if the sizes suit.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/flight-case-with-foam-n70ap

• Agreed, the Maplin one is good for light use and very cheap compared to pelican cases. 
    The SKB & drop in rack cases style ones are only useful for dynamic mics if you do alot of live work and do not suit all shapes and sizes as the Maplin one does. (I have 3 of them)

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 619
    edited December 2015

IIRC it also comes with a shoulder strap for the case making it better leaving both hands free for other stuff

Every now and then they do specials so keep regular eyes on their website... prices bounce up and down regular like

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    I was pleasantly surprised by this Gator one that a mate has recently grabbed, might get one myself when I've got the spare cash.

Managed to fit five Klark Teknik DI boxes, a box of mic clips and a couple of bags of 604s in the big compartment, so there's plenty of space for bits and bobs in it. Seemed pretty rugged too. I was surprised when I looked the price up afterwards, I'd expected it to cost more, which I guess is a good sign!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I've used something like the Maplins one for years. Word of Caution - Beware, it is very easy to end up with hundreds of pounds neatly packaged in a very nickable piece of hand luggage.
    Try and make it look distinctive and not like a posh camera case. Then watch it like a hawk.