PRS S2 Satins

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7973
    edited October 2016
    John Mann sells PRS bridges for $225 - probably cheaper than buying an official one at £310 even after import taxes.  John Mann designed the bridge.

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/PRS_NOS_Vibrato_Bridge_p/2000nos.htm

http://uk.prsaccessories.com/collections/parts/products/prs-tremolo-bridge
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually saw the satins up close recently and I think they look awesome.  If I needed another guitar I'd definitely consider one.  The trem doesn't bother me as I wouldn't use it.  It's perfectly fine if set up properly IME, though the US one does feel nicer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3477
    I've been back to try one again today and I now know I want one. Trouble is due to funds I'd need to sell one of my core PRS to do it and that seems silly, but since both are more or less the same ( McCarty and Custom 22) a 24 fret standard with trem would be great? Hmmm decisions......
  • grungebob said:
    I've been back to try one again today and I now know I want one. Trouble is due to funds I'd need to sell one of my core PRS to do it and that seems silly, but since both are more or less the same ( McCarty and Custom 22) a 24 fret standard with trem would be great? Hmmm decisions......
    If it feels better and sounds better, do it. 
    But if it's just the lure of the new.......

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3477
    grungebob said:
    If it feels better and sounds better, do it. 
    But if it's just the lure of the new.......

Yeah there could be some of that but, you know when you pick up a guitar and it's just this lively instrument that feels right..... this felt like that. Very tactile, like a good SG just alive and ready to go.  
    ill probably wait till the new year now (bonus and birthday time) and pick one up that way I get to keep the others, who knows maybe it'll allow me to sell one of the others after awhile and pay for itself. 
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1004
    The single cuts look good

• I like the look of them, but I don't like any of the finishes. If I saw one for the right price I'd take the plunge.