Cheeky British Gas content .

What's Hot
As im sure most of you know British Gas will hike their prices at the end of this month but thats not what im most annoyed about . What has really pissed me off is that for the first time in the last god knows how many years they have decided to estimate my usage just before the price goes up and do you know what the cheeky devils have come up with ?
Well it looks like after the meter reader came round they chose to ignore his reading totally and have chosen instead to under estimate my usage thus shifting a good portion of it over to the next bill when it will be charged at a higher price .
The bill came through today at the current unit price ......and the meter readings were gross under estimates .
Ive updated my readings online but im not sure that when the next bill comes through that they will have charged some of the old usage in with the hiked price .
Flown the nest .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Phone up Utility Warehouse, get a quote and then agree to move. Utility Warehouse will send a letter to British Gas who in turn will contact you. And guess what? They'll offer you all sorts of deals and incentives to stay. I've just been through this and couldn't believe it - they obviously have room to move of their tariff when they need to ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24732
    You should have done the same to them... and grossly overstated your readings.  That's not cheeky, that's underhand and deliberately wankerish (I think you'll find that's the correct legal terminology).
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Thats a Piss Boiler, i think we have a thread for this!. Maybe we should start a new one what with the price hike.
    Stuff that simmers your piss in the winter and boils it in the summer!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    I'd be interested to hear if this meter reading estimate thing is a sudden trend or not .
    I might just be unlucky .
    Flown the nest .
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    edited November 2013
    I don't think they have to read your meter for 18 months. In my experience they over estimate every time, and you need to check up on the bastards every time, too.

Actually, is there an official FB piss-boiler scale? 

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Fretwired said:
    Phone up Utility Warehouse, get a quote and then agree to move. Utility Warehouse will send a letter to British Gas who in turn will contact you. And guess what? They'll offer you all sorts of deals and incentives to stay. I've just been through this and couldn't believe it - they obviously have room to move of their tariff when they need to ...
    That's a good tip - I'm going to try that cheers :) I've just quietly paid my money for far too long now, I'm probably getting proper shafted.

Funny really cos I'm way more savvy with negotiating internet / tv / phone / mobile and regularly get them to knock some money off by threatening to leave.
    All practice and no theory
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    thats why I read my meters about once a month and update  my B-GAS  account website
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Wrong sort of GAS content being discussed in here!

Seriously though - utility warehouse!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13581
    Wrong sort of GAS content being discussed in here!

not in OT its not   ;)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    Wrong sort of GAS content being discussed in here!

not in OT its not   ;)
    So that's why off topic smells funny! There's potential variations of GAS in every thread!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Take your own reading and enter it online/ring them up with it.  They'll adjust it.

Cheers,
    Al.