SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Bad Trades thread Brize EvilDurka

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28079
edited December 2015 in Misc £
This discussion was created from comments split from: Bad Trades List - V2.

Sort it out between the 2 of you - there's no need to post the whole correspondence on the BT thread.

If you want to make a "Bad Trades" post when you've sorted it, that's fine - SINGLE post each.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5640
    I hate to do this because he's a nice guy but I bought an amp from @evildurka (James) on 4 October. He dropped it round and we had a good natter. I couldn't test the amp because I live in a flat and it was late; it was only after he left that I realised the power cable wasn't in the back of the amp. No biggie - I texted James and he promised to send it by post. Two months and four reminders later and it still hasn't been sent. I last texted on 10 November and was promised it would be out to me by the end of the month.

James: I've now bought a new power cable so please don't waste your money on the postage. Like I said, I hate to do this and I bear you no ill will, but you should have seen it as a priority to post the cable out to me. I know you're busy with work but you've found the time to post on here countless times since 4 October so there's no reason why you couldn't have sent the cable out.

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Wow! I have been in contact more than once to arrange bringing the power cable and the valve to you over the last 6 weeks when I have been working in Gloucester and Bristol and you have not replied to me.

Also it's a 13 amp to IEC cable, they are 2 a penny and you told me you had 'plenty' anyway so I can't understand what the problem is it's not like you couldn't use the amp. I certainly have way more 13 amp to IEC's in my house than I need along with the one in the boot of my car with the cave waiting to be delivered to you! How petty can you be????
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Also for the record I have a very young family so between work, sorting out Christmas and looking after my family digging out a power lead and a valve may not be my top priority. I apologised for the delay and tried to rectify the situation and was ignored!
    James: You haven't been in contact with me since 10 November, as the attached screenshot shows. Yes, kettle leads are readily available but it still cost me £5 to buy a new one. And yes, I have others here, but they're used for other amps. We all lead busy lives but, as noted above, you haven't been too busy to post here countless times.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photo 0B9EE26B-3CEA-467A-9DF5-3B54A7B7583B_zpswtegzmsj.png
    James: I never received that message - if I had I would have replied.
  • Last message sent on the 13th November and no reply sent either on here or via text! Sorry but the ball was last left in you court and you did not respond to me. If you are displeased with the amp I will come and collect it before Christmas. I am working in London this weekend and hopefully on the 16th December and I will offer a full refund.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    James: I didn't receive that text and you didn't message me on here - I've just checked my private messages.

I'm not unhappy with the amp at all - I just thought it was a poor show that I kept having to remind you about the cable.

In any event, the agreement we had was that you would post the cable and you had my address from our text correspondence. If you sent that text and you didn't hear back from me there was nothing to stop you from posting the cable as we'd agreed. Sorry, but the ball was very much in your court.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Brize;887688" said:
    James: I never received that message - if I had I would have replied.
    Well it was certainly sent to you and marked as delivered on the 13th November mate. Having 5'minutes here and there to post on here is not the same as having time to get to the post office.

Also I was dubious about posting the valve hence I wanted to deliver both personally
    Hi James,

I've just realised that you texted my old mobile number (which has now been changed) rather than texting by iMessage. That explains why I didn't receive your text.

In any event, 13 November was still six weeks after we'd done the deal and there was nothing to stop you from messaging me on here. Having sent you four reminders I'm sure you can understand why I just gave up in the end.

Let's draw a line under it now.

Cheers,

Brian

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No let's not draw a line under it you brought it up on here. I contacted you by what I thought was the best means possible it was neither of our faults that I did not have your new number but very unfortunate. I always communicate with people and do my best resolve any problems. I am honest and describe anything for sale accurately and I ask for reasonable prices. I am upset by this and don't feel that I have done anything wrong.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    James, You did do something wrong: you took my money and sold me something that was incomplete and were then unbelievably casual in rectifying the situation. I asked you to post the cable and you had my address - there was nothing to stop you from dropping it in the post.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • As said previously I will offer a full refund if you are not happy. I was not casual about the missing iec lead and valve. Both were in my loft and it took me some time to get the opportunity to find them. Once I had I contacted you immediately and as far as I was concerned ignored. How was I supposed to know you had changed your phone number?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Again, I don't want a refund. It wasn't 'unfortunate' that you didn't have my new phone number; it was a result of you allowing six weeks to elapse. I can't reasonably be expected to keep you apprised of my contact details.

I can only judge you by my own standards. If the boot had been on the other foot that cable would have been out in the post promptly - certainly no later than a week after the sale.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Is all of this really over a £2 power cable? 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 17reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    It's not about the value of the cable; it's the principle of the matter. Should it really have been necessary for me to have to send four reminders? Dude, just post the fucking thing!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Heartfeltdawn;887841" said:
    Is all of this really over a £2 power cable? 
    as posted on the other thread it really is about a '£5' power lead and a replacement output valve I mentioned on the sale as I replaced the original with a mullard. Brize send me your PayPal and I will send you the £5. After all this though I'm not going to bother posting the valve out. Especially after Inwent to the effort of taking the amp to your house which at the time I throught was very good service on my part!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    Don't worry about the £5, James. I don't really care about the valve either, but the fact that you're reneging on that speaks volumes.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • So you don't want the money, you don't want the valve and you want to draw a line under this so why did you bother posting any of this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2015
    Because the whole point of the bad traders thread is to highlight unreliable traders for the benefit of other members.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
This discussion has been closed.