best versatile low watt tube amps?

What's Hot
xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
Shifting a bit of non-guitar related stuff to free some funds for a low wattage tube amp, so going to lean on the collectively great forum knowledge! I've got quite strict criteria with it though: It needs to be no more than 15W ideally and as versatile as possible. While there are a load of GREAT sounding low wattage tube amps it seems that there are only a handful of low wattage "lunchbox amps". I'm looking for something along the lines of the Egnater Tweaker, but higher end. I'm considering the following:

-Suhr Corso 
-Two Rock Exo 15 (perhaps not that versatile?)
-Mesa TA-15
-Are any of the THD amps good, or just gimmicky?

Has anyone tried these? Seen them second hand? Or any other suggestions would be brilliant. Would rather a head though a combo could be of interest

Cheers guys! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72945
    Egnater Tweaker 15.

Best-sounding one I've heard, including the Mesa TA-15 and Mini Rectifier. It's also more versatile than either - it just about covers the range of both, as long as you don't need one-the-fly switching.

Higher end in what way? The Tweaker is as well-built as the Mesas, from what I've seen of both.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    The ONLY thing that puts me off the Tweaker is that i've had one before, so would like to try something different, and possibly smaller dimension wise. It's certainly on the cards. The Corso looks great. I've never really been a Mesa fan as i find them too hard to dial in a good tone, but i saw Andy Timmons playing a TA-15 and it sounded outstanding
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Hughes and Kettner Tubemeister 18, very versatile in both head and little combo form.  I tried the combo and it really punches above it's size and price.  Even tempted to replace my Koch Twintone II with one, slightly!.
  • I tried a h+k tubemeister 18 combo today and hated it - not much character or warmth. Maybe a dud? I was after a cheap delay, but the cheap ones sound... Er... Cheap.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't get on with the Egnater gear tone wise the same goes for mesa.

The corso is a fantastic amp. Check out the gear test by Pete Thorn on YouTube. I'm in line for my myself. Only thing is that there is no effects loop.

Another cracking amp to consider is the Bogner Atma.

• xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I have tried the Tubemeister before, I thought it was "alright", plus i couldn't stand those blue lights, i think they look awful!