Sons of Guns

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5045
An American TV program, very loud and macho, about a gun smith/dealership business and the various gunsmith tasks they are contracted to do.  I have an interest in sporting guns [shotguns] but find this program well too much American.

Recently Joe Perry of Aerosmith was featured on an episode.  Seemingly he is into guns, he got a ships canon refurbished and he bought a Sharps carbine from the shop.  Both the guns were built for black power, the Sharps looks interesting but the canon a bit OTT.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The problem is not the mass produced thematic USA crap TV presented on Sky. Its the fact people in the UK watch it. Americanism needs to stop in the UK.

For the first time in my life I want to be like the French, Frenchism's involve nookie and ohh-laa-laa.  Americanism's involve self righteous mongrels eating lard burgers whilst wanking off over guns while kids are being shot to pieces in schools all across that 'great land' the US of A.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Its quite an amusing program and I must admit I have watched most of the episodes

Its the reality TV bullshit part of it that is annoying.

There is another series called AMERICAN GUNS that is much better if you actually really into proper guns and gunsmithing. Unlike Sons of Guns they have proper gunsmith and actually make guns from scratch out of billet metal.

Still alot of TV reality bullshit on it but there are some really beautiful guns there.
    Old Is Gold
  • The problem is not the mass produced thematic USA crap TV presented on Sky. Its the fact people in the UK watch it. Americanism needs to stop in the UK.

For the first time in my life I want to be like the French, Frenchism's involve nookie and ohh-laa-laa.  Americanism's involve self righteous mongrels eating lard burgers whilst wanking off over guns while kids are being shot to pieces in schools all across that 'great land' the US of A.

Unsure to deliver a LOL or a Wisdom. I think I'll go wisdom, but just so you know, I LOL'd as well.
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Looks stage managed and very fake to me plus the owner has very recently had a lot of financial problems involving not providing accounts and suchlike, allegedly of course.

The internet chat seems to say it is faked and scripted to a large extent.

Personally none of them are believable and seem petty and nasty to me, so I watched a few and gave it a swerve.

The daughter is quite hot but has a wonky mouth and and red neck lilt that grates on me a bit. Like a slightly more cultured (only just) version of the Swamp People hicks.

Agree with @Bogwhoppit on the US fetishistic worship of all things gun related whilst ignoring the misuse of them.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12540
    edited November 2013
    I like the idea of guns being fired using black power. Hey honky mofo, get a load of this! Shamone
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Fight the power dude, word. Stick a cap in his ass for dissing our hood.

American Guns is much better even if it still has an unhealthy levels of gun worship. They are at least professional and the owner there values his employees and doesn't intimidate and rubbish them.
  • There are some really skilled workers in American Guns making some beautiful guns out of brass etc etc, the blokes son is pretty good at engraving as well.
    Old Is Gold