Dangerously close to quitting my job...

What's Hot

...just been confirmed an extension on my fixed-term contract until Easter. The only reason I'm really still here is that it's a ten-minute cycle ride into work and...actually, that's it.

This thread's only really a reminder for me to get my arse into gear and get applying for other stuff and on the books of agencies, really; feel free to ignore ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Is it a bad job?
    Do they say mean things?
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    It's nearly that expensive time of year, head down, dig in.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Oh yes. Get your arse in gear and find something else before you really can't stand it anymore. It can be tough job hunting these days - and as you only have a 10 minute commute, you should have time to sort yourself alternative employment. If you do feel like quitting then you are probably a bit depressed - which means it is not the best time to make major decisions.

Wakey wakey. Arese in gear
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
     If you do feel like quitting then you are probably a bit depressed 
    Wait... I've been thinking about quitting my job since I I started - I must be depressed too ... bum.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Myranda said:
    Do they say mean things?

He comes here for that

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Humans, like their genetic cousins the cuttlefish and the borg, are extremely good at adapting to their environments.

You could probably like your job if you tried.

• Myranda said:
     If you do feel like quitting then you are probably a bit depressed 
    Wait... I've been thinking about quitting my job since I I started - I must be depressed too ... bum.
    I seem to recall that you have been thinking about quitting your job for ages - you must be well pissed off if you are still there. I admire your stamina and your strength in resisting the urge to walk out - but you must also know how tricky the labour market is these days. I hope you are studying or something to develop the skills you need to escape.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    It's always easier to find work when you are working, it's generally true so Bow your neck grit your teeth and try not to thump anyone. Thing about shit times is they get better sooner or later.

I have worked in some horrible situations where my health and sanity were tested so I have empathy for you.

• What exactly is it you don't like about it and can you do anything/talk to anyone about it at work to change those things?
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 700

IIRC we do the same thing and I'm always feeling like that!

Xmas on the way, knuckle down

• While you've got a job that pays the bills and isn't a lot of hassle to get to, stick with it. The only question to be answered is: while you may manage to stick with it they might be able to find reasons for getting rid of you, so if you think they might have you should as everyone else has said start looking elsewhere, if not you're laughing.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself