Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

No ITV for me until 2017

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
I see Ant & Dec have signed up for 3 more years. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks anything these two touch is dimwit TV aimed at the lowest possible IQ audience. Any type of show along the lines of 'I'm a celebrety Talent Vet on Ice' can all fek off.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1354
    Council telly.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

I agree with Decker.

Seriously, is there something wrong with me, I've agreed with Bertie and Decker in 24Hrs.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I know it sounds like some terrible snob thing but I almost never watch anything on ITV. I watch some right old shit on the high numbers on the cable telly but nothing on ITV ever seems appealing - just painfully bland and predictable. Five minutes of X Factor from time to time just to remind myself of the awfulness of it. I honestly can't think of a programme I ever regularly watch on it.   
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I can't stand Ant & Dec. I don't watch telly now. They were prize twats in the days when I did watch telly, I usually channel-hopped away from them pretty quickly.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10781
    It shouldn't be called the light channel. It should be called something that rhymes with that.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    viz said:
    It shouldn't be called the light channel. It should be called something that rhymes with that.

The white channel?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    this'll cheer yes up :

tha divn wanna do that, mon..
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • viz said:
    the twat channel?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    I think the last thing I can remember watching on ITV was that Joanna Lumley series where she was on holiday in Greece pretending to present a travel documentary :). (But it was still quite good.) Probably a couple of years ago. Before and after that, can't remember one thing...

I could be happy with just BBC2, BBC4 and Film Four, to be honest.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    My TV doesn't show ITV .. Ant and Dec should be taken to a quiet spot and shot.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • TV for me is for gaming, sport, the odd movie and at the minute Hardcore Pawn
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3706
    Never watch ITV, of the network  channels BBC4 has the best stuff.

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I don't think I watch any ITV programming and haven't for years. Family might try to once in a while but I quickly obtain the remote and put an end to that nonsense (kids have a tv each anyway).

BBC 2 & 4, Discovery, Dave, Quest, that's about it.

• vizviz Frets: 10781
    mike_l said:
    viz said:

The white channel?

No, the light flannel.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ive only watched two things on ITV in the past year.  Broadchuch and Poirot. 

Spend more time on ITV 4

• I think my lack of understanding of ITV is summed up with the lead story on MSN at the moment. Apparently James Arthur and Lucy Spraggan are having a spat.

well then, I guess thats pretty serious?

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• I think my lack of understanding of ITV is summed up with the lead story on MSN at the moment. Apparently James Arthur and Lucy Spraggan are having a spat.

well then, I guess thats pretty serious?
    I though it was a small fish

• mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Don't think I've watched ITV since The Goodies in the '80s. Chav TV channel these days, isn't it?

Only watch BBC2 and BBC4 really. Yes, guilty of being a TV snob!
  • Here's some light-hearted entertainment.  Skip to 2:30 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FztmxxliSmc

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    It's shows like theirs, and 20mins of ads per hour, that made me give up watching broadcast telly full stop. I just set the tivo to record whatever I'm interested in - sitcoms, science docs and comedy panel gameshow things like Mock The Week mostly - and choose from that lot when I fancy a bit of a veg out in front of the telly.

I know it sounds a bit poncey and I don't care - telly was making me angry and life's just too short.
    All practice and no theory