I go by many names...

What's Hot
frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
edited December 2015 in Making & Modding

I love the Boosh. So when I decided to make a multi-fx pedal I didn't need to go on a quest to figure out what #1 * would be called:

The big lump is the Visual Sound H2O chorus pcb I bought a while back. It was so big I could only fit it in this enclosure -- or the Boss ME50 enclosure I'm toying with... but that didn't occur to me, if I'm honest. With so much space left over and not being able to mount it in the middle of the enclosure (unless I mounted it sideways - which also didn't occur to me ... spotting a trend?)

So left to right that's a @fuzzdog Klon Buffer, @fuzzdog Candyman (White) @fuzzdog Lovely Squeezer and @MattFGBI 's H2O - lovingly and exasperatedly bodged back into working order.

I sought and got the advice of @marauder and @juansolo re the enclosure and I hope it's rather clear from the outside work who inspired me :)

Rudi used a wah so it doesn't fully cover it, if anything it sounds more like John Scofield on the album Flat Out :) 

Fear my fusion licks!!!

* #2 is the Boss ME50 upcycled to be a Jen Wah, Germanium Fuzz, Ross Compressor, Delay and a phase 90 with mods to be a univibe, "chorus", tremolo and phaser  - it shall be have this picture of  Saboo  and be called (as if there was any other name) Crunch Time.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• derndern Frets: 357
    Awesome :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Awesome looking pedal. :D

Also I think you may have tagged the wrong Fuzzdog in your post. ;)
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719

My apologies I thought you were the guy who ran http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/ :D

Have a doge by way of an apology:image

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    frankus said:

My apologies I thought you were the guy who ran http://shop.pedalparts.co.uk/ :D

Have a doge by way of an apology:image

Much doge

So apology

Have a wow. :))
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1276
    edited December 2015
    ".... some call me Photoshop"
    :D

I heartily approve. Have a wow.

I could've done with this pedal on Fretboard Challenge #8 ...

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/steam-abacus-i-have-a-door-fretboard-challenge-8?in=thefretboard/sets/fb-challenge-8
    Thanks, I'll take a listen when I get home tonight :D
  • MattFGBIMattFGBI Frets: 1602
    Looks great!
    This is not an official response. 

contactemea@fender.com 

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    edited December 2015
    That's spectacular I really must have a go at a multi pedal. How did you finish the enclosure? Any noise when it's powered up?
  • You deserve a wow just for not fracturing any fingers whilst drilling the enclosure.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.

@randomhandclaps - I dunno what you mean, I've a pillar drill (I bought for the princely sum of £30 from Norfolk many moons ago).

Before I drilled this one I'd practiced on a shoe box with cardboard inserts and a plastic box - I still got it a bit wrong and needed to adapt.

@Adam_MD it's pretty quiet, I used some white inkject transfer and lots of plastikote... it's not great and I hope the next one is an improvement. The real knack would be to learn all my mistakes and still have enthusiasm for a few more projects :D  

• That was £30 truly well spent.  When drilling freehand diecast can suddenly snag and be pretty lethal to surrounding fingers.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    edited December 2015

oh yes, I used to have many enclosures with weird shaped holes ... triangles mostly.

it was £30 and a 5 hour round trip - but most worth it.

Although, thinking about it I had to buy a new key and it took an age to find. :)