Anniversary of that fateful day 50 yrs ago ......

axisusaxisus Frets: 28355

When Dr Who was first on.

I was only 6 months old but I'm sure I loved it. Mum and dad had it on of course.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited November 2013
    axisus said:

Mum and dad had it on of course.

...and 15 months earlier Mum and Dad had got it on - bom chicka wah wah.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    It's tomorrow. (23rd.)

I'm actually quite surprised they broadcast it. Today, it would have got bumped off the schedule in favour of wall-to-wall speculation about Kennedy and Oswald on an endless loop.

They showed the first story - all four episodes - last night… it wasn't very good!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I've grown up with it.  Funny how nearly everyones favourite is the one they grew up with.  Looking forward to three Doctor's tomorrow night, and maybe a dark and thought provoking episode too.  John Hurt, just inspired casting.  They really have some brilliant story telling.  But then I may be biased.

• NeilNeil Frets: 3706
    I saw the first episode  :-S

Lost interest after William Hartnell. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    ICBM said:
    It's tomorrow. (23rd.)

I realised that, the joke was ......... oh never mind.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73238
    Well it is today now :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6424
    I remember it, one of the first stories after the initial one was The Zarbees (basically ants via a macro lens and blokes in silly ant suits) - scared the crap out of me.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback