PSA The Eagles.. (now on iplayer)

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
I've always loved the Eagles.  Stunning harmonies, amazing voices and some of the best songwriting ever.  I've just watched a great documentary about them on BBC4 (get it on iPlayer now).

To my great regret, I've never seen them live.  If they ever tour the UK (or Europe) again - I'm there.  I hope they don't pack it in before then.
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    +1 to that !              - agreed with everything   :D

• ftumchftumch Frets: 692
    I just watched this last month, always liked the eagles music but never really knew that much about them personally, very interesting. It left me with a great respect for Joe Walsh.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
    Me too.  However, I think he did a bit too much coke.... especially in this performance...

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    If that's the same one that was shown in two parts a few months back, the overriding impression I came away with was how much of a knob Glenn Frey is. I know successful bands are usually driven by egotistical monsters - or often more than one, hence the infighting - but he really takes the biscuit. Don Felder was definitely not "the asshole in the Eagles"... or at least not the biggest one. Although to be honest I was a bit surprised it wasn't Henley!

It's a shame the others can't see that the Eagles without Felder are just a second-rate country rock band - at least on the evidence of Long Road Out Of Eden, I haven't seen them live since then and I have no intention of doing so. I saw the *proper* Eagles on the Hell Freezes Over tour and I'm very glad I did - they were great, and it will probably never happen again so I don't want to spoil the memory. One Of These Nights and Hotel California were two of my favourite albums when I was growing up and still are.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Emp_Fab said:
    Me too.  However, I think he did a bit too much coke.... especially in this performance...

Didn't Joe do a bit too much of everything, I know it was the 70s, but even by those standards.
    Still the his look hasn't changed much, it's iconic Joe, judging by the FB post "Best Guitar Faces", maybe plus a few years tho, just like the rest of us.
    Great player.  He was even on BBC Breakfast a a few months ago.  Keep on rocking' Joe.

Loved the programme but there are always too much politics.  Felder's contribution is part of the story and will be missed.

+1 to Hotel California & One Of These Nights.

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    As always, ICBM is right on the money.  Glenn Frey came across as a complete and utter twat.

I love Joe Walsh, though. Just love him. In a manly way.

Funk #49 remains my favourite riff and is invariably the first thing I play when I grab a guitar.