2»

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Emp_Fab said:
    I take it all back it's rubbish. :\">
    I'm going to have to try other roms.
    Is this how it all starts? :D
    Aye! :D

Tbh I never found a rom I preferred to the stock HTC experience - sense was a thing of beauty (can't speak for it on the newer phones though) - I rooted it for the fun stuff, uninstalled what I didn't like via a terminal app (facebook iirc), but otherwise left it stock. The widgets were slick and I loved the weather animations. Still miss it actually...

I went with Omega on the S3 cos it retains all the Samsung stuff, but you can pick and choose what you want to install. Try to find something like that for HTC is my advice :-)
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24690
    Right, I've gone back to the gingerbread version of Cyanogenmod (CM7) and that was pretty good - but......  I'm about to flash an Ice Cream Sausage or something, RUU.  I'll lose root and my custom recovery, but I'm guessing I can always re-root etc afterwards.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    edited August 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    Right, I've gone back to the gingerbread version of Cyanogenmod (CM7) and that was pretty good - but......  I'm about to flash an Ice Cream Sausage or something, RUU.  I'll lose root and my custom recovery, but I'm guessing I can always re-root etc afterwards.
    ICS is a lot faster than Gingerbread. I found CM9 and CM10 to be quite unstable on my Atrix, but that was a pretty shit phone all round to be fair.
    <space for hire>
    Oooh... it's not going well.  The RUU won't install - error 155 and I can't get back to CM7....   working on it now ! 

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5601
    Emp_Fab said:
     I'm about to flash an Ice Cream Sausage or something
    Ice Cream Sausage! Love it!

Relieved it's not your other sausage you're flashing.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17893
    tFB Trader
    I would go Cyanogen. 

All sorted !  It wouldn't flash the RUU because the bootloader was unlocked.  Once I'd re-locked the bootloader, it flashed it fine.  I then spent ages reinstalling all of my apps from Google Play Store and setting everything up again, then realised I forgot I wanted it rooted.... so I unlocked the bootloader again, flashed a custom recovery and re-rooted - which of course removed all of my apps and configs... so I'll have to do all that again !! Doh !!

I'm getting a bit of a dab hand at this now !

I'm now running Ice Cream Sandwich, rooted.

@monquixote - I've tried CM7 and the PacMan flavour of CM10....  The reason I've gone for ICS is that I have an ICS version of Orange Signal Boost as an apk and I'm hoping I might possibly be able to get it to work again.  Chances are slim, but it's worth a shot.

CM10 I found to be too tablet-oriented..  the text seemed too small, and when I upped the font sizes, half the stuff didn't fit properly on the screen etc.  CM7 is just Gingerbread - it worked nicely, but I wanted to see if I could get Signal Boost working again as I have almost no signal at home and most of the time that app worked perfectly and gave me UMA connections via my WiFi.

Fed up with that.  Signal Boost didn't work.  Back to Pac-Man CM 10.2.