Just broke up a fight!!!

What's Hot
And it's only 1100hrs

Dorchester is a pretty sleepy town and we have a beautiful Victorian gardens in the centre of town where I take the kids a lot

So sat round the bandstand with coffee and ice cream for the boy, when this guy starts on at the guy who was sat on the bench next to me. The usual low level grumblings about "you were cracking on to my missis yesterday" stuff. Then the language got a bit naughty in front of kids so I asked if they could take it some place else and sort it out.

Next thing he's on the other giving him a solid drubbing. All like 5' away from my kids. Instead of walking away I grabbed the bloke off the top and yelled at him about being a prat and right in front of my kids. Just as I though he was gonna lamp me, he just shrugge his shoulders apologised profusely and walked of crying!!!!! The other guy thanked me for helping and legged it!!

Brilliant. My boy thinks I'm some sort of action hero now
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Cool .. were your underpants on the outside .... :-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No - but they sure as hell are now.

Gonna go see if I can climb buildings or fly now
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Getting mouthy in front of kids is bad enough..

Getting naughty in front of kids is out-of-order..

Props on being brave/stupid enough to break it up though fella. I know plenty of "hardmen" who'd have walked away......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• If I'd not had the kids I'd have just walked off

Funny ain't it
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah.

That worked out rather well.

Well done for showing your kids some proper behaviour.

Just make sure you tell them always to walk away and never get involved in other people's problems when thy grow up.

Things could've ended up rather worse than they did.
  • No I agree - could have got stabbed shot or anything, but I had the same red mist as when I caught 2 cnuts in my house walking out with my telly. I chased those fuckers for 1/2 a mile.

I think I just felt so angry these two twats had decided to have it out right next to my kids
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Good on you. 

I have the same slightly dangerous habit of getting involved. It hasn't got be stabbed so far, but I know it's not the most sensible thing to do.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Any chance you can come round next time I fancy a walk into town?

• Another Dorchester forumite!
    Never seen any trouble like that in Borough Gardens before. Though did once have to tell a bunch of young teenagers to get off the little kids playground equipment because my two year old (four now) wanted to use it. They were doing the typical teen thing of trying to put the swings over the top, going round the roundabout like a spin cycle.
    Actually I'm a Manc. But lived in Charlton Down (just north of Dorchester) from early 2009 until last spring. We've moved further west now near Beaminster. We do still often pop over to Dorchester though.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    I used to sort out the computers at West Dorset DC, back in the 80s.............and the tax office
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5883

Blimey, you showed some Balls there, Travis.

How old were the Morons? It would be more shameful behaviour if they were fully grown men rather than late teens.

Regardless, anyone anywhere near adult age should have enough decency to keep it away from kids seeing it.

Well done.

Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
    I stayed at the Kings Arms on High St once.  Bloody noisy oiks giving the poor chap running the takeaway place opposite grief for being 'an immigrant'.  I installed the new systems in the big health centre when it was first built.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • Aw! Feeling the love for Dorchester then!

By the big health centre Emp, I assume you mean Dorset County Hospital!! And yeah Vampire Kebabs is still run by a lovely bunch of Turks.

@Grumpyrocker - thought I was the only Dorset forumite! Do you ever make it into town or do you hang out with the arty lot in Bridders?

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    Audley Harrison wants to know if you're up for a fight in the near future. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nah - well not unless he starts gobbing off near my kids.

Then ill kick his sorry ass :-j
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Grumpyrocker - thought I was the only Dorset forumite! Do you ever make it into town or do you hang out with the arty lot in Bridders?

Ha. I've three small kids and a wife who is a full-time vicar - I can just about manage  a walk to the pub in our village occasionally.

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2957
    I'm in Poole if that counts.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
     apologised profusely and walked of crying!!!!! 
    you bully...........

:))
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Well done dude :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    edited August 2013
    Good on you. 

I have the same slightly dangerous habit of getting involved. It hasn't got be stabbed so far, but I know it's not the most sensible thing to do.
    Me too...the wife's always worried about it. We live next to a block of shops, one of which is a takeaway...there's trouble there at least one night a week. When there isn't trouble, there's usually a bunch of kids shouting and screaming at 11pm Thurs/Fri/Sat, so I usually go out there and have a quiet word.

It annoys me that so many people are so scared of strangers that they won't even go and politely ask people to tone it down a bit. Every time so far (we've been here about 9 years), I've just asked them nicely to lower their voices or move on, and they've just replied with an apology and a promise to be quiet. No trouble thus far.

Well, apart from when I saw a guy trying to put the hard sell on a bunch of schoolkids to buy drugs and threatening violence if they didn't. Called 999, they said, "Don't approach them, and we'll send someone to get a statement." I told them I was going to go and sort it out and it'd probably get violent, and three police cars turned up just as I was pulling said dealer off one of the kids.

I'll be honest, my wife wasn't especially happy at that particular incident.
    <space for hire>