USB Hubs and Audio/MIDI interface problems

Can anyone recommend a USB hub that will actually work OK with USB MIDI controllers and Audio interface?

I've tried several USB hubs.. both USB2 & 3 types, powered and not and I still cannot get them to work properly with my DAW interfaces.

If I plug the MIDI devices (Presonus Fader-Port and USB Audio Box, Korg pafKontrol and M-Audio Radium49) straight into my laptop (A Fujitsu Lifebook) I have no problems whatsoever, however everytime I've tried using a USB hub, The control devices don't register in Reaper and the Audio interface doesn't register properly.  There is USB power to the device and I can use a mouse or memory stick from the hubs but other functionality is missing.

Can anyone help? 

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636

I HAVE had my NI KA6 working on a powered hub but I only did it for the craic to see if it worked, the general rule is, AIs don't work well or at all on hubs.

I would like to know why! Especially if it is a powered hub. I have used just about every other USB device on a hub, MIDI controller kbds, sticks, printers, a wireless dongle for a Tranzport controller. All of these things worked fine so I do not see the problem with AIs? But there it be!

Dave. 

• wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    I successfully run a Moog Sub Phatty, M-Audio master keyboard, an Arturia Beatstep and an i-connect 2+ MIDI interface from my D-link  USB hub. Well, successfully in that all the devices are recognised and routable on my win10 PC.  I plug my AI into a dedicated port on the machine however.  The D-link wasn't the cheapest, but I read reviews of other powered hubs which basically said that the power wasn't properly implemented on them and they were crap so I reckoned it was worth the extra and it has worked flawlessly so far.