No MOOER euphoria?

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
I bloody missed out on knowing about the really cheap deals on MOOER pedals when they appeared a year back and have pondered on three for a while - ShimVerb Green Mile and Ana Echo... They still go for quite high resale values on ebay, but generally I do not find any postings for them other than people turning them around... The ShimVerb gets slated quite a bit in the Shimmer dept... although that is not what I wanted it for anyway...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Even for bog standard reverb the shimverb is a bit meh- at the cheap prices, it's fine if you just need a half-decent-sounding straight-ahead reverb, but at £50+... I'd pass.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17855
    tFB Trader
    Mooers are decent.

The RAT, Trem, Chorus and Phaser are the best ones. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27034
    edited November 2013
    Mooers are decent.

The RAT, Trem, Chorus and Phaser are the best ones. 
    This. The Mooer Phaser doesn't do the whacked-out weirdness of (for example) the Boss phasers, but it is pretty much the closest you can possibly get to the dark swirliness of the script-logo Phase 90 without actually buying an MXR.
    <space for hire>
  • From the ones I've tried, they're pretty great. Built quality is supposed to be a little questionable (pot mounting) but other than that...

My faves were the rat, phaser (though I have a Joyo one which is also a very good mxr clone but without switching options) and the pitch shifter. It only did fixed interval, but it sounded pretty good and, fun factor at that price range, was through the roof.

The ocd clone is supposed to be bang on, too, but I don't like the ocd...

Thing is, unless it's the size thing you want, Joyo clone most of these pedals at decent quality for less money and you're less likely to stamp on the knobs. The mooer ones typically have more in them, circuit wise.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited November 2013
    I would add the Triangle Buff and Blue Faze fuzzes to the list- I was really getting into the Triangle last night at band practice and for the first time, really got what it can do. Very Big Muff in a tiny box.
    The chorus and phaser are very good, and the Trelicopter and ElecLady just about do it! 
    The Shimverb is OK for using as an amp-style reverb but no panoramic soundscaping! Oddly, I quite liked the shimmer effect with a load of fuzz and delay. But as a straight ahead reverb, not as good as the Boss FRV.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Ive had the green mile. Its as a good pedal Ive just never shouted to the heavens about it because its a tubescreamer and there are billions of those.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Got a green mile and the hustle drive. A mate has a RAT clone and the flanger and the metal one. All do what they say on the tin at a decent price. 
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 556
    edited November 2013
    I have the Ana Echo, Orange Ninety & the Blue Crab with the thought of buying cheaper, for pedals that aren't used too much. However they are really good, not just for the value but really good for the sounds I'm after and are used far more than first intended. Will now add a Grey Faze & Acoustikar guitar.
    Just a small point, they should add a white marker to the tiny knobs. Tipex is the answer.

• Pure boost n flex boost in regular use on my analog board - both hold their own with more illustrious brands ....
  • Ana Echo is good but the Reecho is better (I have both). I also have the Trelicopter, Cruncher, ElecLady, Blues Crab (love it), Rumble Drive and Flex Boost... along with a bunch of minis from other manufacturers - I'm never going back to a big board (sold my Klons etc)