Tonight I raise a glass to seeing the back of a difficult day

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2189
edited November 2013 in Off Topic
Meeting, after meeting, after meeting, after meeting about 'why do we pay you?'. All following on from a pretty sleepless night worrying about Meeting, after meeting, after meeting, after meeting about 'why do we pay you?'. All went well but you just don't need it do you?

Tonight will be guitar & bass flavored, with subtle notes of curry and Stella A. Join me in our virtual boozer, and if anybody wants me to get drunk on their behalf (drinking by proxy) let me know.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hope you convinced them to keep paying you. Tonight I'm (again) working on the panto's (piano) score to make sense of it for me on guitar and the bass player. I'll join you at gin o'clock ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    I shall be gin o'clocking myself, so I shall join. Although I shall not be over doing it this evening. I have also found the gin in Lidl's in the square ish green bottle is rather agreeable at less than a tenner.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • jd0272 said:
    I shall be gin o'clocking myself, so I shall join. Although I shall not be over doing it this evening. I have also found the gin in Lidl's in the square ish green bottle is rather agreeable at less than a tenner.
    Dude, Gini is not gin.
  • I've discovered that if you make up some fruit squash, then add a healthy long slurp of gin, the result can be Very Nice. So far, I've tried it with blackcurrant squash, grapefruit, lime, summer fruits ... Sainsbury's own brand Dry London Gin isn't the dogs danglies on its own but is more than acceptable when mixed in the aforementioned manner.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)

• "We'll have a black celebration...to celebrate the fact that we've seen the back of another black day....I'll drink to that"

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    edited November 2013
    I'm ahead of you here, Col. I got totally munted last night, always do after every board meeting, as it's such a relief if I get through unscathed!

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

As I'm feeling decidedly shite, I ask Decker to have some of these on my behalf

http://www.cornish-bottled-beer.co.uk/beer-and-cider.php

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13588
    1st g&t  down...........................  roasting some gammon,  and a cauli & broc cheese bake......................  ready in an hour.............. so get a move on
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • It's beer o'clock here so I'm joining you now. Had sausages beans & slice of bread for tea ... Roobi got interested so I cut off a thin slice of sausage for her but she left it on the carpet. I thought she would, which is why I made it as thin as possible.

I expect when the beer has gone down, it will then be gin o'clock ;)
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    I have raised a proper vodka martini to my comrades here. Please let me know if anyone else wants one as I'm sure there will be more.
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 627
    Hey...is it too late to join the party ? Nice guiness I think after a long day....... curry & carlsberg sounds even better... who knows where the curry house is we can congregate there

Cheers
    Baz
  • I've drunk the beer and waited long enough dammit. IT'S GIN O'CLOCK :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1065
    Just got a frosty bottle of cider from the fridge. I'm in!
  • I'm on the rioja
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • you know...cos im a rocker
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @PolarityMan depends on whether your pronunciation rhymes with rocker or if you say it ree-yoke-er. tbh I'm not sure which is less incorrect. Mags should know, he lives in Spain now. BTW I've heard there's a really good Rioja going in Morrisons, if that's your fancy.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7521
    edited November 2013
    as long as you dont pronounce it with a J like in Jesus it's all good. Besides im no longer drinking rioja im drinking bierra moretti.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • It's beer o'clock here so I'm joining you now. Had sausages beans & slice of bread for tea ... Roobi got interested so I cut off a thin slice of sausage for her but she left it on the carpet. I thought she would, which is why I made it as thin as possible.

I expect when the beer has gone down, it will then be gin o'clock ;)

I'd have made sure I put that thin slice of sausage down on a piece of kitchen towel, then I could have still had it after the dog turned it's nose up at it.

Can't go chucking food away like that, tut tut ;-)

FWIW, I'm necking 2 x 660ml bottles of San Miguel, just to be sociable like.

:D
    bertie said:
    1st g&t  down...........................  roasting some gammon,  and a cauli & broc cheese bake......................  ready in an hour.............. so get a move on
    Aw, food like what it is in my house, nice. Spring onions in the cauli & Broc tho. 

We had slow cooked beef joint spag boll. Num num.
    jd0272 said:
    Dude, Gini is not gin.
    It's very agreeable and cheaper than Hendricks, and tastes the business. And I'm not THAT picky  ;)  Only a 50 cl bottle tho. Tsk.