So .... there's bad news and good news.

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
The bad news is that I've been in denial, but I'm definitely getting prostate problems :( Not too bad right now, but where will it be in 5 or 10 years? Oh well, that's getting old for you. I'll file it will all my other physical problems that are creeping in.

Good news? Well, I've been a couple of weeks waiting on blood test results to see if it's cancer related. I put it out of my mind, but 'see the doctor' day came and I really had stomach ache with worry. Good news thankfully, all clear on that front! My younger, attractive female doctor was up for the old rectal examination, but I put it off for now as things aren't too bad, cancer not a problem and ....... well, the usual male discomfort at the idea! I guess it's better than with some crusty old doctor!?!? Not sure!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    edited November 2013
    Have the examination- it doesn't hurt, is over in about 3 seconds and it tells them a lot.
    More than likely it is an enlarged prostate.
    Having an enlarged prostate has no link to cancer- you get given Proscar, or similar medication and the symptoms go away.

This is perfectly normal when you are 40.

Google 'benign prostatic hyperplasia' and you will find out a lot of information.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Good news on the "it's not big C" front. However, next time you might not have the choice and have to go with the crusty old doctor dude probe, I'd have gone with letting the young attractive one do it and got it over and done with. At least it'd be a better memory!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Go through it, get it over and done with.

:)
  • My dad had a similar scare recently (as in only this week had the all-clear), so I am with you on the fear/ relief front.

But go for it, get the examination done and over with

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3871
    Good news on the "it's not big C" front. However, next time you might not have the choice and have to go with the crusty old doctor dude probe, I'd have gone with letting the young attractive one do it and got it over and done with. At least it'd be a better memory!
    Abso-fckn-lutely.

I remember with great clarity lying in agony when my stomach ulcer burst in the hospital examining area (while they were finding out all about the ulcer I had no idea I had), when the young male Doctor nervously approached me, and informed me he would have to stick his gloved finger up my arse. I advised him, and I quote, bearing in mind I was up to me tits in morphine (didn't do what it fckn said on the tin) "Mate, you can put your fucking arm up there, just get me in there and do the cutting".

Had it been a smart wee female, I'd still be there   ;)

Congrats on you news anyway, relief I'll bet.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I'm gonna sound like a fucking arsehole, but mens health is a bit of a bugbear of mine, due to years and years of my dad ignoring warning signs and falling dead from his first and only heart-attack. What the fuck are you thinking, refusing an exam? It's a finger up the arse FFS! GET IT DONE!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    No bother having a doc finger you. Go do it for your own peace of mind.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25576
    Feels odd the first time, ok the 2nd, and by the third you'll be asking your missus to do daily inspections.

Unless it's a Monday ,morning your doc will have had his fingers up about 20 other arseholes ( ;) ) that week already.

Your's isn't special. It's just average like everyone elses!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I once upon a time had two separate doctors put their hands up my arse.

Once the consultant had made his decision I had a lady nurse put the sepositories up there. She asked if I would rather a male did it. 

What difference did it make really? 

Anyways she did the deed and not one instance of the 3 people having each of their fingers up my arse did I really even notice. 

Good news mate and just get it done. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    lol. Basically code for "are you a mad raving bummer who likes men putting tingz in ur ass!?"

No love... I'd rather you did it please. Ruin ya day like.
    "Get your finger in me spiders nest love"
    To be honest, using Original Source Mint Shower Gel was more bracing than that day.

That stuff makes you feel like you've just eaten an ice cream with your arsehole. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25576
    Deijavoo said:
    To be honest, using Original Source Mint Shower Gel was more bracing than that day.

That stuff makes you feel like you've just eaten an ice cream with your arsehole. 

This deserves a LOL and a WISDOM but I can't do both.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

I'm just thrilled that Facepalms were culled. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5069
    @axisus - glad it's not the big C!  

I had a hernia and hydrocoele a couple of years back, the consultant also checked my prostate - "Lie on your side and draw your knees up" - never really felt a thing.  

Man up and let 'em do it - it's your life!
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Got the T Shirt here thankfully also clear with a pronouncement of slightly enlarged.

Unfortunately my GP is a hairy arsed blerk so having him milking my prostate was not my idea of fun.

It progressed from fingers and then cameras, then camera and camera crew due to them widening the hershey highway, despite the exit only tattoo. Not really I jest.

Glad to hear it was just unpleasant and not anything too bad.

But yes get the test as it gives an idea of enlargement and hence then revisiting it every few years to be safe.

Enlarged prostrate = no fun due to frequency of pissing and pissing like a race horse when you do.

Plus what's not to like with an attractive female doctor, you know it makes sense dude.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Deijavoo said:
    I once upon a time had two separate doctors put their hands up my arse.
    Anyways she did the deed and not one instance of the 3 people having each of their fingers up my arse did I really even notice. 

Good news mate and just get it done. 

I've had 3 docs within a couple of hours do this. At least they use lubricant. And know what they're doing.

My Dad had "The big C", which was found initially by the above test.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• gilbygilby Frets: 176
    C'mon, we all crap turds bigger than an index finger.
    Get it done, it's nowt and of this lady doc's a looker it's a better memory than an crusty old fart of a doc doing it
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17140
    Young attractive female doctor? Admit it, you were scared you'd get a stalk on when she shoved her finger up your duck-run.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397

Just to be clear as this seems to have gone astray:

I DID NOT REFUSE THE TEST! IT WASN'T NECESSARY!!!!!!

I went home first and had a quick bath as I thought it would be a goer, but current symptoms (mild) plus the blood test already revealed 100% everything that needs to be known right now. I agreed to come back for it should symptoms get worse. My purpose of the thread was not to say that I chickened out of the test!!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom