Cort Henko gram?

Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1809
edited December 2015 in Acoustics
Hi 
I impulsed purchased this cheapy Cort acoustic a couple of weeks back after looking for a decent guitar and not finding anything I felt was worth the big price tag and also my acoustic skills are pretty basic and probably not worth the sort of money I was looking to spend. 

So this was an interim but I was also interested to see how good a OOO18 Chinese built acoustic could be. 

I liked the basic sound and actually thought it was pretty good for 300 odd quid, it played well once I did the action the fret work was smooth as was general fit and finish. Solid wood, vintage scalloped braces, and a Adirondak top. Obviously not an amazing one but Adirondack none the less probably the only guitar I have seen sub 1k with this. 

So the intention has become to see how good I can actually get this as an improvement project. So is the classic scalloped bracing marketing hype or real. So having seen this done on an  acoustic forum I thought I would have a go and see what I got. 

Dont think thats to Shabby well at least its got bracing, more forward shifted than the Martin 00018 1950 but its there. 

The next job will be to lighten the top finish. It looks fine but it also looks a little heavy so over Christmas the finish is going to get a light woking with ultra fine paper and a rebuff.

I read in acoustic forums of people doing additional shaving of braces with violin planes but I think thats beyond my understanding. 

Overall it sounded good out the box, once i have lived with the thinner finish for a few weeks I am going to give it a blast with the ToneRite I am getting for Christmas. 

Any further suggested upgrades worth experiementing with

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom