Trading Feedback

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
edited December 2015 in Help & Feedback
Note that I've - finally - managed to get the new feedback system implemented and made visible to everyone.

Please read the stickies at the top of the new "trading feedback" section in the Classifieds category to understand how it works, and leave any questions and/or raise any problems in the stickied thread.

Thanks!
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow, looks like you've done a lot of work!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27736
    edited December 2015
    MrSwanson said:
    Wow, looks like you've done a lot of work!
    I didn't keep a precise clock going, but, as a rough estimate, I'd say 35-40 hours over the last 7-ish days.  I wasn't popular with my wife.

@Alnico also put in a fair few hours as my trusty (I'm sure he'd prefer "trusty" to "glamorous"!) assistant.

For anyone interested, there were c4,500 feedback posts in the original v4 thread.

Each one of those had to split out into a new thread, created under the name of the person who received feedback in the post.

Where more than one person received feedback in a post, the post had to be copied and pasted into a new thread (because you can only "split" out a post into one other thread, not into multiple threads) for each of the mentioned people.  That was a real pita.

You'll see that some posts in the new section start with a note of who left the feedback and when it was left.  That's because the metadata of a post (which contains that info, which is displayed in the post header) is lost when a post's content in copied.  That was another pita - adding that text into all of the copied/pasted posts.

Because of the one post = multiple comments situation, the c4,500 posts transposed into c7,000 separate newly created threads.

I then had to manually/visually search through those 7,000 threads looking for the the threads that were related to each other.  If a member had received 20 feedback posts, those posts would have been split (or copied & pasted) into 20 separate threads, all with titles that reflected the original userID.  

Find the related threads, and merge them.  Luckily, @monquixote was able to implement a quick techy fix that helped shortcut some of that work, otherwise I'd still be doing it next year.

Then delete the posts that are automatically created within each thread when posts are split & merged (I've not done all of those deletions, hence why you'll see some "this post created from ...." posts in a thread).

The important outcome, and the basis of the new process, is that each member ends up with just the one feedback thread containing all comments related to their trading activity.

I did get to a point of thinking "why did I start this", but by then there was no way back.  But - hopefully - the new system should be largely self-maintaining.

Having just revealed it all now, I'm planning on having some non-forum-modminning time for a few days!
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Excellent work again guys. Thank you.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17702
    tFB Trader
    Well done Tony epic work
  • TTony said:
    Note that I've - finally - managed to get the new feedback system implemented and made visible to everyone.

Please read the stickies at the top of the new "trading feedback" section in the Classifieds category to understand how it works, and leave any questions and/or raise any problems in the stickied thread.

Thanks!

Hi Tony, great work man, must have been a killer job indeed. So sorry to have to say but my user name is spelt wrong in my feedback thread, Chiliwailer has one 'L' so made it hard to search for. Thanks again mate, have a great Xmas. Daniel http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/816624/#Comment_816624
    So sorry to have to say but my user name is spelt wrong in my feedback thread, Chiliwailer has one 'L' so made it hard to search for.
    And fixed @chiliwailer.

:)
  • TTony said:
    So sorry to have to say but my user name is spelt wrong in my feedback thread, Chiliwailer has one 'L' so made it hard to search for.
    And fixed @chiliwailer.

:)

Hats off to you Tony, thanks Buddy :)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Just thought - ignore if it's silly, but how about a link in everyone signature to their feedback.  If it can't be done automatically then would it be some worth encouraging members to set up themselves.   

Is the bad trades section still going to be a separate thread grouping the naughty boys together so it's quick to see who they are?
    John_P said:
    Just thought - ignore if it's silly, but how about a link in everyone signature to their feedback.  If it can't be done automatically then would it be some worth encouraging members to set up themselves.   

TTony said:

Some tips for using the new process;
    - If you're a regular trader make it easier for people to find your thread by adding a link to your thread in your post signature.
    - Don't use the thread for discussing a trade - stick to one post per deal.
    - Include any comment about the trade that is fair and reasonable.
    - Try to resolve deal problems via PM first.  If that fails, then leave appropriate, factual and polite comment in the feedback thread. 
    - Note that you can't *edit* a comment that you've previously posted in this category, so take care to get the comment right.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24487
    A round of applause and three cheers for Tony's marathon effort in creating all those feedback threads.  You are hereby awarded The Fretboard Distinguished Service Medal for outstanding contributions to the forum.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
    Offset:"A little heavy on the hyperbole"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Great work @TTony ;
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12449

Well done that man @TTony, top work.

• @ttony

Unless I'm being dim, the trading feedback section isn't visible from the homepage (on the mobile site at least).
    I can see it - just checked on my phone (Android) @UnclePsychosis
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited January 2016
    I can see it on a Firefox fone, which frankly is miraculous

• So after some investigation I can see it if I view "all categories" but not if I view "followed categories". 

Any ideas? 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    edited January 2016
    @UnclePsychosis Select "all categories", scroll down to find the trading feedback section, click on the cog next to it, and select "unhide". I think that's it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    edited January 2016
    So full of Wow :-O I found myself, apparently im quite lovely.... 8-X
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    So full of Wow :-O I found myself, apparently im quite lovely.... 8-X
    Identity fraud? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mart said:
    @UnclePsychosis Select "all categories", scroll down to find the trading feedback section, click on the cog next to it, and select "unhide". I think that's it.
    It doesn't appear regardless of whether I select "hide" or "unhide".