SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Any interest in a Macbook?

Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
edited December 2013 in Misc £
My wife has a Macbook. From 2007 I believe, it's a Core 2 Duo. It's sat in a corner for the past year, not being used. She wants to sell it for cheaps.

4GB DDR3 RAM.
320GB Hard Drive - currently blank.

Problems:

- Battery doesn't charge anymore. Will need a replacement.
- The charger adapter broke on us. Will need a replacement.
- No DVD drive in it anymore. It broke one day, and I removed it.
- You'll need to install OSX on the 320GB hard-drive, you can do this from a USB stick.
- You'll need to source a copy of OSX - Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion will work on this machine. Mountain Lion will not.
- It's a little scratched up, and the screen is kinda dark these days. But it does work.

Other than that, it works okay. Would suit someone just needing a little thing to write with, or as a portable recording solution. Still has some life left in it I'm sure, but we both use Windows laptops these days. I used this Macbook recently when I was building a Hackintosh, I borrowed a friends Macbook charger to get it powered up, and I built my Hackintosh USB stick from there, so that is how I know it works fine.

Would only be asking £120. Collection preferred, as that will give you a chance to inspect it to be sure you're happy.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    edited December 2013 tFB Trader
    I've got one of these with Mountain Lion on it. 

Still quite usable as an everyday machine.
  • I had one of these with Lion on it.  Some arsewipe broke in to my car and stole my stuff while I was out in a park one day.  They didn't nick the car, which was some consolation, but I also chipped a bone in my wrist the same afternoon so generally just had a bad day.  Insurance sorted it out for cash but stupidly about a decade's worth of photos were lost as I hadn't backed them up.  

I'm sure the 'new owner' is happy with their machine, these work fine and are powerful enough to do quite a lot.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    That sucks Max :(

This version wont run ML, I did try. Lion was as high as  could go. My Hackintosh is on Mavericks though :)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Sorry accidental "Mountain" 

You are quite right Lion is as high as it will go.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Hey guys - does someone want this Macbook for cheaps?

Problems:

- Battery doesn't charge anymore. Will need a replacement.
    - The charger adapter broke on us. Will need a replacement.
    - No DVD drive in it anymore. It broke one day, and I removed it.
    - You'll need to install OSX on the 320GB hard-drive, you can do this from a USB stick.
    - You'll need to source a copy of OSX - Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Lion will work on this machine. Mountain Lion will not.
    - It's a little scratched up, and the screen is kinda dark these days. But it does work.

It's going in the bin if no-one wants it! £80 collected from North London.