SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA Sandisk ultra II 960GB SSD £142.99 on amazon

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2385
    edited January 2016
    If it helps anyone, this the before / after in the 27" iMac

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Installing an SSD in an old Mac is the best upgrade you can do, up until recently I was still using a 2008 MBP that had the RAM maxed out and ran from an SSD, it was very usable and ran the latest OS fine. That machine died at xmas though (spilled beer on it!) which meant I had to get a new one. Downside is, nothing is upgradable on the new machine, RAM and SSD is all soldered. On the plus side, it is blazing fast, way faster than fitting an SSD - example of real world read and write speeds below:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    Mine didn't get delivered yesterday due to "external factors".

The what-now?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MkjackaryMkjackary Frets: 776
    Sporky said:
    Mine didn't get delivered yesterday due to "external factors".

The what-now?
    complain and you will get a voucher, go to the online chat and complai about it
    I'm not a McDonalds burger. It is MkJackary, not Mc'Jackary... It's Em Kay Jackary. Mkay?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29194
    I had emailed - they've given me a month's free Prime, which isn't too bad. Still no sign of the SSD though, nor any explanation of what the external factors were.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom