How many members?

What's Hot
We seem to have had quite a few new members join up in the past few weeks.  Is there a way of seeing what the total membership of the forum is?

If not, what total have we reached?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've also noticed more members being admitted into the secret VIP section of the forum.  I don't know if this is a drop in qualifying standards or just the admin team trying to keep it proportional with the total forum membership numbers.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I've also noticed more members being admitted into the secret VIP section of the forum.  I don't know if this is a drop in qualifying standards or just the admin team trying to keep it proportional with the total forum membership numbers.
    They've taken most of the complimentary champagne @randomhandclaps - it's terrible 
    Stop crying, start buying
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27739
    5,000 give or take

There has been a marked increase in the number of new joiners so far this year.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• TTony said:
    5,000 give or take

Cheers. That's very impressive.  

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27739
    TTony said:
    5,000 give or take

Cheers. That's very impressive.  

I'd be happier if;

- more of the casual browsers actually became fully paid-up members, particularly given the membership fee.
    - more of the members were active posters - we get a lot who sign up, but never post.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I've also noticed more members being admitted into the secret VIP section of the forum. 
    The what now?
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Jetfire said:
    I've also noticed more members being admitted into the secret VIP section of the forum. 
    The what now?
    You heard nothing...
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    5,000 give or take

I think a part of it is that we're now the #1 result if you search for "fretboard" on Google - even above the Wikipedia result (and Google almost always prioritises Wikipedia links to improve relevance, since the link spam thing about 7 or 8 years ago).
    <space for hire>
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9625
    edited January 2016
    TTony said: thumpingrug said: TTony said: 5,000 give or take
    There has been a marked increase in the number of new joiners so far this year. Cheers. That's very impressive.  
    I'd be happier if;
    - more of the casual browsers actually became fully paid-up members, particularly given the membership fee.- more of the members were active posters - we get a lot who sign up, but never post.
    :)

@Ttony - Mate, I think that there should be an
    optional membership fee (like on TGP).

I'm sure that the forum must have substantial running costs...
  • For newcomers there is a massive amount of information on here for them to read and learn from.  I can understand that they might not want to post too much and would want to browse more if they are on a learning curve.  Also some areas like Speakers corner have a great many very vocal "characters" which must be daunting to dip your toes into.