NGD: Recording King ROS-627

What's Hot
The23rdmanThe23rdman Frets: 96
edited December 2013 in Acoustics
After a frantic wait in yesterday my new guitar finally arrived. It was listed as B stock due to a few blemishes, but, to be honest, they're nothing at all really. Picked it up for a song.

So how is it? I wanted a spruce/rosewood/ebony combo to replace my Faith Mercury High Gloss that had a wider nut. The Faith is beautiful tonally and I knew that wood combo was my favourite. This does not disappoint. Fingerpicking is so much easier with a 46mm nut and the slightly wider lower bout makes it a bit more bassy than the Faith, but with an even richer tone. The fretboard is really nicely finished at the guitar came set-up perfectly (and in tune - although I wish people would detune them to send). 

The only thing I wasn't sure about was the V profile, but it's not really an issue. 

I'll take some photos later and post them up, but I'd be interested to know if there any any others with the same guitar. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    edited December 2013
    Hi there 23rd! :)
  • Hey fella. I'm stalking you. ;-)
  • Thought I'd add a picture here seeings as I've been attempting for most of the afternoon to get a decent shot of it...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice streak in the ebony there, bit more character than uniform black.
  • Yeah, it's a nice guitar. I've fucked it up a little bit by lowering the action too much. Shaved the saddle and put 13's on it which I hoped would pull the action up a little. It has, but it has affected the tone too much for my liking so I'll have the fun of shaving a new one. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2378
    Nice :D
  • Cheers!