Billy Bo fittings

Morning all.  I am having on the cusp of having a Billy Bo replica hand built and the luthier needs to know a few details, before he can construct the body.  I know the guitar has Powertron TV Jones pick ups, Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, and a Master Tone control.
My question is this; how critical to the sound/tuning is the tailpiece?  I love the look of the 'G' Cadillac one as used on the White Penguin, but would it affect the guitar in any way over using the standard one?
Also, the original has the tune-o-matic bridge - can this be replaced with any other and if so are there any benefits in doing so?
And lastly, what machine heads would be best? Grover sta tite as specced by Gretsch or are there 'better' ones?
This will be made for my 50th at the end of the year, so I have plenty of time to get everything ready before the luthier starts routing wood.
Any other advice would be great.
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments