Album That Changed Your Life

What's Hot

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Gotta Let This Hen Out by Robyn Hitchcock & The Egyptians, closely followed by Explosions in the Glass Palace by Rain Parade. Many others followed but these two really had an impact at a certain time in my life and set me on a different path in terms of how I felt about music.They made me want to play the guitar and be in a band.
    I have to say that when I heard The Rain Parade (Emergency Third Rail Power Trip though) it was a bit of an WOW! moment. They had so much that appealed to me and the songs were cracking... I still find the intro to 'Talking In My Sleep' to be almost spine-tingling, even after 32 years or something. A Desert Island Album for sure,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    For those referencing Troublegum, if you haven't kept up with Therapy? , I definitely recommend you check out their most recent album, Disquiet. Most of their recent output has been decent, to be fair.
    Will do ... Someone in the production team was having fun playing Kbives in the background on corrie
    andyp said:

I had the same happen with Pearl Jam too - same time of life too. I absolutely loved Ten (and still do) and really wasn't keen on the rest of their stuff back at the time... I went back and listened to their other stuff recently and was amazed how much I liked it.
    I've always preferred Vs but it was the album I heard by them first. I love the 1st three albums by Pearl Jam though. Vitalogy is a really great album too. not as fond of the albums since then although they usually have one or two cracking songs in each.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Depeche Mode - Violator. Still IMHO the best DM album.  Definitely the one to turn me away from music my dad liked ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NOW 13 - classic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    NOW 13 - classic

So is it the Bowling for Soup, Sum 41, Godsmack or Lisa-Marie Presley tracks on there that makes it a classic?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

Seeing this on tv made me buy the first two R.E.M. albums, which was kind of life changing. Before that, led zep 1, johnny winter's 2nd album, harvest..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 622
    Machine Head - Deep Purple 1972..opened up a whole new world for me... bought Fireball & In Rock, the Led Zep & Sabbath albums straight away within the next month or two (as pocket money allowed anyway)
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    hey @andyp same as myself, Hilton originally, moved to Jersey for a year, then Central Belt, now based in Yorkshire but its still the place i call home really, which is strange as i have been away for 15 years. Do love getting back up when i can though, all family are still up there. 
    Brought up in the Black Isle, moved to Edinburgh to study in the mid 70s.  Used to travel up the A9 on Saturdays to see the mighty Caley, before the bloody merger in 1994
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited March 2017
    In the weirdest karma type way, I listened to Troublegum on the train (yes, it's still awesome) and having not spoken to him for years, my school mate who I used to listen to this with back in the mid 90s messaged me about music from our youth as Screamager was playing. It was him that gave me the Troublegum cd to try back at the time and this was always his favourite track from the album. I'm sitting there thinking back to those days and suddenly he messages out of the blue...

How in the hell did that happen?
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 252
    Dire Straits - Alchemy

They were my first 'proper' gig that I went to and that album was as close as I could get to reliving it at the time. It used to be heard blaring out of my very bright yellow Toyota Celica that I had at the time.  I thought I was soooo cool.
    I still smile when I hear their music as it reminds me so much of some very happy times. 
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1243
    edited March 2017
  • Without a shadow of a doubt, The Last Waltz soundtrack album completely reshaped my musical horizons. The only other albums that had such an impact were Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Made In Japan. 
  • horsehorse Frets: 1644
    Quite a few have changed my life in different ways.

That's the same for me. Slippery when wet probably turned me onto guitars initially, Temple of the Dog taught me that I liked real emotion in music, Red House Painters 2nd album really opened my eyes and ears to quieter melancholy music
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 187
    Going to have to go with Tribute. Mr Randall Rhoads at his finest! 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited March 2017
    This, sure there was lots of music before it but this grabbed the 18 year me like nothing else before. It just fit,i was a pissed off 18 year old, full of angst living in the Highlands of Scotland. It felt more " real" to me than a lot of the other music i was hearing at the time. This one album lead me onto others, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Screaming Tree's, Mudhoney, STP etc but for me it was the soundtrack to my late teens and as it turns out pretty much my whole life. 

i waited a long time to see PJ live and a few years ago i got to, and i am not ashamed to admit when they came on stage and opened up with Release i cried.

Definitely one of my top albums too. First time I seen them live they opened with Long Road, can still feel that that D string ringing in my chest to this day. Got tickets to see Eddie in London yesterday.
  • DaevidJ said:
    Depeche Mode - Violator. Still IMHO the best DM album.  Definitely the one to turn me away from music my dad liked ;) 
    Songs of Faith and Devotion edges it for me, but the run from Black Celebration through to Songs of Faith... is utterly peerless.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8109
    These...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/