SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2003 Les Paul Standard with PRS 57/08 pickups!

PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2392
edited January 2016 in Guitars £
As per my JM thread, need to free up some cash for a house purchase. 

I do love this guitar, but I already have a SC with 57/08's and I already have a Les Paul. This is the guitar I've owned for the longest, but needs must!

Bought new by me in 2004 from Coda, a 2003 Les Paul Standard in Desert Burst. This is not a case queen guitar, I gigged it and it has a couple of dinks / bumps to prove it, nothing bad at all, but it's a played guitar (I'll get some close ups).

I replaced the pickups last year for PRS 57/08's, they sound great in the guitar, I've wired them up to split as well so you can get a single coil type sound. I will say however that I sodded up wiring up the push pull pot in as much as it's backwards lol - I'll knock £50 off the price I want to factor in either you taking the trouble to sort it your self, or paying a tech to do it. If I get some spare time (with a 1 1/2 yr old and a house purchase going through, I've forgotten what spare time is!) I'll sort it.

Comes with the Gibson case that shows signs of being regularly loaded in and out of a car (scratches, couple of small rips in the tolex from memory, again, I'll get some pics).

Looking for £1050 - Collection from either Watford in the week or Nr. Hitchin of a weekend.

Most of the photos above are before the pickup changes, they are a lot shinier now (ready for some playing wear!).

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 899
    Ooo hot sweats. Any plans to be near Nottingham any time soon?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2392
    You're not a million miles away @RevMatt - sure we could meet half way or something.
    In my excitement, I forgot I'm winning bidder on an eBay auction at the moment so need to see what happens there.

In terms of meeting, I have a driving ban (not a police enforced one but a 'travelling here there and everywhere to buy guitars ban' ;-) .... Will get back to you when I know what's happening with eBay.
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
    Do you know the neck profile?

Cheers.
  • JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    That is a beauty!
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    It's got a bit of a Brock/DaPra burst vibe about it. Lovely.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Hi @HoraceB I genuinely can't remember I'm afraid :( - I can take some measurements of that helps?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    Tasty.
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 351
    It's a stunner, if it had the 50's profile I would be very tempted.
    If you know how deep the neck should be at certain points to tell @HoraceB I'm happy to measure :)
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    How does the neck profile compare with your SC or your other LP ?  Chunkier, thinner, about the same, etc ?
    I assume the SC is a PRS and probably w WF or it's recent "pattern" equivalent, do you know whether it is ?  Or maybe exact models would help the comparison ?  It might help to narrow the answer down a bit...  :-B

Tried to photograph the dents, hard going though, had to use an inspection light to show them up:

Neck wise, I'll try and get some time to compare to the PRS pattern and the Custom LP tomorrow. 

• that is stunning.
  • RevMatt said:
    In my excitement, I forgot I'm winning bidder on an eBay auction at the moment so need to see what happens there.

In terms of meeting, I have a driving ban (not a police enforced one but a 'travelling here there and everywhere to buy guitars ban' ;-) .... Will get back to you when I know what's happening with eBay.
    Eggle based par chance?

• How heavy is the LP?
    RevMatt said:

Eggle based par chance?
    Couldn't possibly comment @SimpleSimon !!! - but I do have a bit of LP gas at the mo, so very attracted to this....
    DaveB666 said:
    How heavy is the LP?
    I'll weigh it in the morning and let you know
    Right...

Neck prolife, I measured from one side of the fretboard to the other using a material tape measure round the back of the neck on the 1st, 7th and 12th fret against three guitars, I'm none the wiser, other than to tell you they are all very similar!

LP Standard;
    1st: 6.7cm
    7th: 7.5cm
    12th: 8cm

LP Custom;
    1st: 7cm
    7th: 7.6cm
    12th: 8cm

PRS Pattern;
    1st: 6.9cm
    7th: 7.4cm
    12th: 7.8cm

Not sure if this helps @HoraceB ?

Weight wise, one the digital scales it shows 9lb 3/4 @DaveB666 ;

HTH 
    Dave. 
  • RevMatt said:
    RevMatt said:

Eggle based par chance?
    Couldn't possibly comment @SimpleSimon !!! - but I do have a bit of LP gas at the mo, so very attracted to this....
    Its a beauty all right and those 57/08's make this a bargain.!

• JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    Yep. A stunner. Just wish he was closer!