Offset Rhythm Circuit - both pickups?

I generally prefer both pickups on for a rhythm sound, so I was thinking I could mod my Jaguar to have both pickups engaged in the rhythm circuit.

Just wondering if anyone knows if this is possible, how to do it, or may have tried it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    edited January 2016
    It is possible, I think you can even have the 3 way switch work with the rhythm section so you can use all three pickups. 

how you do it? I dont know but I am sure someone on here has done this very thing. 

OSG is always a good place to ask

*edit* whoops didnt see it was for a Jaguar
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Just wire the pickups to the 3-way, then route the signal to one or the other set of controls using one side of the slider, and to the jack using the other side.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27687
    Jags don't have 3-ways, chaps :p

What you can actually do is re-wire to have the main pickup switches make both pickups go in series when set to "off" but otherwise work as normal. Very useful and stops you being able to mute the guitar by accident :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • You should fit one then, it's much easier to use! ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    There are a lot of options. There's enough wire in there to run it almost any way you want...

One I like is to put the rhythm circuit switch before the main volume and tone controls rather than after, so they become master controls active all the time, and the rhythm circuit works *as well* when selected.

But I use the rhythm circuit as a fuzz control circuit rather than for rhythm usually. The main volume control on a Jag does odd things with some fuzzes because there's an extra resistor in the circuit when the volume is less than full up.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• You could still connect as I suggested but for three way read pickup switches.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73019
    You should fit one then, it's much easier to use! ;)
    But Jaguar switches wired to give on/off/parallel/series is better still ;). And you can use the other switch for phase, if you want that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein