Projects - how many have you planned ahead?

Having made my first guitar, I'm already thinking about upcoming things I want to tackle. Here's my list:

1) Some kind of super strat built from scratch (planning stage one underway)
2) headless guitar conversion to midi only (already have the headless guitar)
3) Some kind of LP built from scratch (have body wood already)
4) Variax transplant to telecaster (already have the variax guitar)

What's your list of project to tackle?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6409
    edited January 2016

0. Put Lollars in Collings 290 (shouldn't be a project but is taking forever for some reason)
    1.Charlie Christian pickups in a Thinlne Tele parts from GSP
    2. PRS SC Korina makeover
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3093
    edited January 2016
    Thinline Tele build for grandson WIP
    Build a Combo Cab for an Ampmaker Amp for grandson
    Another 51 P Bass
    Semi bolt on WIP possibly for the Slide challenge
    Driftwood instrument for the slide challenge
    Short scale Bass project

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Dreadnought acoustic WIP; les Paul double cut junior (finishing only); electric cello; solid carved top semi acoustic
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3018
    1.Superstrat/Suhr S1 alike,body & neck currently in paint @lamf68, however might sell that one on
    2.Relic Esquire build for up and coming singer/songwriter type. again in paint at my Welsh friends place
    3. Refinish, possible refret of an old bass that @davidrondeau1979 has very kindly given to me. I'm thinking I shall pass the karma on and give that to a friends son when done.
    4.Re attach headstock of nieces spanish guitar
    5.Restore/rebuild of friends Peavey Wolfgang. he has sweat so corrosive that he turns all the metalwork green & strips the plating off of hardware
    6. Maybe a Telegib/Esquire build...

I think that's probably enough for this year 
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    edited January 2016
    I have 6 on the go :)
    3 x teles
    1 x Lp
    1 x prs style
    1 x archtop
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8842
    1. Something for the slide challenge. Current thinking is headless, with a Klein body shape.
    2. An illuminated guitar, where the lights respond to the music. Probably Tele shaped with a polycarbonate laminate on the front. I've got as far as investing in a Raspberry Pi to write a frequency analyser, with plan B of adding a piezo bridge where each string drives a different colour.

Progress will be slow because I also want to:
    - Sand and resurface the interior doors
    - Redo the roof insulation
    - Renovate a wood lathe, and use it to make a child's chair
    - Make a table to go with said chair
    - Get to grips with the vegetable garden which has not had the input it needs over the last couple of years.
    - Renovate the soft fruit beds
    etc, etc
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2016

Erm....lol.....Where to begin....I have all the parts....Well there's the...

Jake E Lee Strat in Pearlescent White

Honduran Mahogany oiled one piece body Original 22 fret ('80's) shape Jackson Dinky body with USA Charvel neck and brass bits (Kind of like a MusicZoo one)

Malmsteen style yellowy aged off white strat body and scalloped '62 MIM rosewood neck

2 x Charvel Star KNE bodies and Warmoth zero inlay necks (One pointy, one reverse strathead)

Erm and a load of other bodies that need painting, along with a load of other necks.

Haven't even gotten around to sealing the bodies yet for paint.

And a 1996 Smiley Transit Chassis Cab Road Warrior with twin turbo'd BOA V6 engine and MT75 adaptor plate.

But for now even cooking an oven pizza is pushing me over the limit

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29108
    I have a Stratele hybrid and a mid-scale bass to finish - pretty much just assembly to go but they've been on a shelf in the workshop for years now. And distant plans for an extended scale fan-fret 5-string tuned in 5ths.

Then there are the non-guitar projects; the giant chaotic bumblebee mobile for the garden, learning cello, working out my brilliant idea for a TV series...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16931
    The aim is to finish my own projects. I always take on a few bits for other people which I finish relatively quickly, but my own stuff never seems finished.

So, this year will see the finalisation of my baby making stage followed by wiring and making cover plates for a double neck that has taken 6 years, get my moderne done, finish the pancake LP and do another caparison style guitar. As well as a few other smaller projects for others
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33940
    I have 5 acoustic (000) builds on the go, one electric, one headless, one lap steel.
    I have wood for another 10 acoustic builds but not going to start anything until the current 8 are done.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited January 2016
    Three electrics:

1. Les Paul type thing with carved maple top.
    2. Reverse Firebird in sparkly purple and gold.
    3. Danelectro DC copy in copper.

Edit, forgot these which i have half completed:
    4. Sunburst single cut junior
    5. Cherry double cut special

No time to spend on them though. :(
  • Three big projects:
    1. Build a Strat for my brother (relic'd based on Harley Benton kit with Iron Gear pickups)
    2. Complete the build of a custom guitar based on body and neck being built for me by a luthier who actually knows what he's doing
    3. P1800 amp (my first amp)
    I'll also put a baritone neck on a Highway One Strat and mod the electrics.

My first build was about a year ago, and I've learnt loads since then, so I'll revisit last year's builds to get the frets and necks just right.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2502
    I've a couple planned:

1. Strip my LP Special DC and refinish it in Pelham Blue Nitro
    2. Fret level for my strat

Beyond that my main issue is that I've no space for more stuff, between guitars, acoustics and bass gear I have 8 instruments and 4 amps.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    edited January 2016
    @DrBob said:
    1.Superstrat/Suhr S1 alike,body & neck currently in paint @lamf68, however might sell that one on
    2.Relic Esquire build for up and coming singer/songwriter type. again in paint at my Welsh friends place
    3. Refinish, possible refret of an old bass that @davidrondeau1979 has very kindly given to me. I'm thinking I shall pass the karma on and give that to a friends son when done.
    5.Restore/rebuild of friends Peavey Wolfgang. he has sweat so corrosive that he turns all the metalwork green & strips the plating off of hardware

By my calculations, you'll be needing about 23 bodies and 38 necks then. At least.

Still the finest ever 'Challenge' guitar from these or MR parts.. Can we have a picture for old times sake? :)

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3018
    JookyChap said:
    @DrBob said:

By my calculations, you'll be needing about 23 bodies and 38 necks then. At least.

Still the finest ever 'Challenge' guitar from these or MR parts.. Can we have a picture for old times sake? :)

Well now you're back on the block I've got someone to buy/cadge/sell them back to again !
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited January 2016
    JookyChap said:
    @JookyChap Thank you. I'm flattered. 

The website is still up https://lacabronectro.wordpress.com/ and I still have the guitar of course. I mostly use it for slide and it sounds filthy.

The new project (when I get around to it) should be more of an authentic Danelectro tribute.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3962
    Just one; to strip and refinish my (brand new) alpine burst Signature T Les Paul. It'll happen this year, just need to decide on a colour.
  • 1: respray my Squier Precision Special (purple metalflake), reasseble and fit the Musicman Stingray 2-band eq preamp I made for it.

2: finish the Rat/TS dual pedal.

3: do some repair/maintenance on my Yamaha CS60 synth

4: ditto for an ARP Odyssey Mk I.

That should keep me busy for a while.
    I quite fancy building a guitar kit though.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....